DisneyDog
05-07-2008, 03:11 PM
Our cast:

Me: Mommy
DH: Daddy
Max: 5 1/2 year old DS
Mommom: my mom
Poppop: my step-father

We arrived very late on Wednesday evening (11:30 pm). My folks picked us up at the airport, having already checked in at the Swan. Max was sooo excited to find out we were going to WDW (somehow we managed to keep it from him until we arrived IN Orlando!).

We slept in a bit on Thursday morning. Max was very excited about actually, really being in Disney World. We had a quick breakfast in the hotel room and heading to AK.

We were heading straight for the safari, but we were pulled into Festival of the Lion King since there was no wait. It was SO amazing. The voices, the scenery, the acrobatics. We all LOVED it!!

As we exited Lion King, Mickey was doing a meet and greet. We waited about 20 minutes, but it was worth it. After that, it was time for lunch. We had ADR at Rainforest Cafe.

After lunch, we finally did the Safari. Then we had the first of many Mickey ice cream bars (:cloud9:). We aren't a huge AK fan, and none of us like roller coasters, so we decided to go back to the hotel, go for a swim and hit MK in the evening.

The pool at the Swan was nice, but not a lot of theming there. Max is like a little fish, so he would love swimming in a puddle! He had fun and we were all refreshed.

By the time we got to MK, it had started to cool down a little bit. (We were able to wear shorts every night, it never really got chilly). We were very comfortable by this point.

Max wanted to go on HM first, but since we passed Hall of Presidents, we stopped in there first instead. He liked it, and thought it was cool that they were all "robots." Then we did HM. He loved it. I wasn't sure if he would be scared of the darker scenes, but he really loved it. We had a CS dinner, and actually went back on HM for a second ride (there would later be a 3rd ride!). After that we headed to Main Street to get ready for Spectromagic. None of us had ever seen it before, and it was well worth the wait. Spectacular!! (and we had another Mickey bar!) We did a little shopping afterwards, and then caught Wishes right in the middle of Main Street. Max had never seen fireworks before, and I couldn't imagine a better introduction than Wishes. My DH was grumbling about staying up so late, but I think even he found it amazing after actually seeing it.

After Wishes, we were all kind of pumped up so we decided to go on one more ride. We chose the new Monsters Inc Laugh Factory. We texted in a joke that was used! And it was hysterical. We all thought it was great.

It was time to call it a night, or so we thought. There was a traffic jam getting back to our hotel. Max fell asleep on the bus. Luckily, the bus driver was able to take the back roads behind Epcot and got us safely to the Swan. We could have been sitting there for hours, it was so backed up. We all fell asleep quickly that night!

Stay tuned for day 2!

ChipnDaleGal
05-07-2008, 04:21 PM
Sounds like you had a really good first day out in the parks, and a good supply of Mickey Ice Cream bars! Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

laward32
05-07-2008, 04:46 PM
Sounds like your first day was great. Not much wait. Gotta love the Mickey bars. My daughters had several on our last trip. Glad you were able to keep a secret. We tried to suprise my youngest daughter for her birthday in October, but we couldn't wait. We told her a week before we went. Can't wait for your other reports.:mickey:

Beach Club Babe
05-08-2008, 08:38 AM
Sounds like a wonderful beginning to your trip!

KylesMom
05-08-2008, 10:33 AM
What a wonderful surprise for Max - your trip has started out wonderfully! :mickey:

castlelady36
05-08-2008, 02:27 PM
How lucky is Max!! Love the Mickey Bars!!!

pdrlkr
05-08-2008, 05:24 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

HndrdPrcnt
05-09-2008, 12:15 AM
Great start!! I LOVE the Festival of the Lion King show at AK. It is AMAZING!! The talent in that show blows me away every time that I see it!:thumbsup:

Young@Heart
05-09-2008, 01:08 AM
It's sounds like a great day! With a nice, relaxing start to it. We love Festival of the Lion King, too.

BluewaterBrad
05-09-2008, 01:37 PM
Off to a good start!:mickey:

vizsla
05-10-2008, 07:50 AM
Sounds like your off to a great start. Thanks for the report.

faline
05-10-2008, 06:09 PM
Mickey bars! Yum!

I can't think of a better fireworks display for your very first time than to see the one's in the Magic Kingdom!

tinkerbell04
05-12-2008, 10:52 AM
Sounds like a great start to your surprise trip. I am glad that you were able to keep it a secret from him! I am off to read more.....:mickey:

Bethis26fan
05-14-2008, 11:01 PM
Sounds like a great day.

DizNee143
05-16-2008, 12:52 PM
yay!!
so glad you were able to surprise your son..and for waiting so long to tell him the surprise..sounds like a great first day in disney!! :mickey: