PDA

View Full Version : Water Parks on the Next trip Questions

Septbride2002
05-07-2008, 02:14 PM
So the next trip won't be until December 2009 :drama: and by then Chloe will be 3 1/2 - is that old enough to do the Water parks? What will she be able to do there?

We've never done them - even when we were childless - got any tips for newbies?

~Amanda

Tinkerfreak
05-07-2008, 02:26 PM
Typhoon Lagoon has an area just for small kids with smaller stuff for them. etc. It was great when we went because grammy took my littler one there and I did the bigger stuff with my older DD.

NJGIRL
05-09-2008, 10:13 AM
There's plenty to do at the water parks for a three year old. There's the water playground, small water slides, lazy river and wave pool. My son has always liked the water parks more than the theme parks.

RockinRollerMom
05-09-2008, 10:30 AM
I took my DD whe she had just turned 4. We went to Typhon Lagoon and she LOVED it. If your daughter likes the water I think she will have a great time. Just so you know, often in December only one of the water parks is open.

dyin tago
05-09-2008, 10:42 AM
Is it really warm enough to do water parks comfortably in december?

we have only gone in july and september and sure enjoy them then!:cloud9:

RockinRollerMom
05-09-2008, 10:48 AM
We were there the first week of December last year and it was hot enough to do the water parks all but one day. (mostly low to mid 80's) I think part of it depends on where you live. We live on the ocean in the Northeast and low 80's feels very hot to us. If you are planning on doing the waterparks in December I think you just need to be flexible on your plans, because some days will be hot enough, others might not.

Mackflava99
05-09-2008, 10:56 AM
3.5 isnt really conductive for the water parks. But you could find stuff to do- though its probably just as good or better to hit your resort pool.

My kids didnt appreciate it till they were 6-

NOW THEY LOVE THEM !!!

Buttercup
05-09-2008, 11:35 AM
Our son has loved the water parks since he was 1.5 years old. They even have little tiny water slides and tube rides - Dad goes up to the top of the slide and pushes him down -- and I catch him at the bottom!
There are plenty of areas perfect for teeny-tiny kids, with squirting water fountains and shallow wading pools. Typhoon Lagoon has lots of areas surrounded by sand with water just about as deep as a puddle that the kids can splash in and dig in the dirt!
They also have lots of sand to play in so be sure to pick up a bucket and pail - they're only a couple bucks at the water park gift shops.

joonyer
05-09-2008, 11:47 AM
Both Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach have play areas with small slides and activities designed for toddlers, so that will be no problem. Blizzard Beach also has a great family raft ride (Teamboat Springs) that is tons of fun, and you can hold a toddler in your lap. don't worry, you won't fall out, although you think you might!

But it's impossible to predict how warm or cold it will be when you are there this far out though. As someone else mentioned it could be in the 80's, but it could also be down in the 50's. Orlando is usually warmer than most of the country in the winter months, but it can be pretty chilly occasionally.

g8rgirl29
05-10-2008, 10:30 AM
Last year we did both TL and BB with our 3yo. I thought there were more fun activities at BB for her. The tube ride in Tikes Peak was a blast for her and she enjoyed the waterslides. We all enjoyed the family tube/raft ride, it was great to have a ride as a family. We really liked TL too but just thought there was more for small ones at BB.

KAT1811
05-13-2008, 09:55 PM
WE were at BB in September with our three DDs (11, 2 1/2, & 10 months at the time). They all had a great time. The kiddie areas at both water parks are wonderful but we do prefer BB to TL. Even our 10 month old liked the kiddie area. There are pint sized water slides that the little ones can comfortably navigate themselves (they are always in sight). My 2 1/2 year old must have gone down the slides about a thousand times, and probably could have gone a thousand more!!! WDW does a wonderful job incorporating activities for both young and old into each of their parks.