PDA

View Full Version : Is 1st week of January busy?

Gekko959
05-07-2008, 12:07 PM
I'm thinking of avoiding the Christmas crowds by going the first week of January, but then I'm afraid I'll run into big crowds because it's the first week of January. Can anyone tell me if Dec 28 - Jan 2nd is likely to be busy? Thanks.

mdhiggin
05-07-2008, 12:19 PM
Yes. Horribly busy. We tried it this year. We left on the 5th of January, I believe. I wouldn't go until after the 6th or so when kids are back in school from Christmas break. January is supposed to be a great month to go, but the first week is not.

Mulan
05-07-2008, 12:23 PM
It starts to slow down alittle around January 1st or 2nd. If you want to avoid the crowds, don't go for New Year's Eve. I would wait until after January 2nd. I have heard of some type of race that is held at WDW in January. Not sure when or if it's a yearly thing because I'm gone by then. Maybe someone will come along that knows that.

DisnIse
05-08-2008, 07:52 AM
The crowds do thin significantly after New Years Day. (By the way, New Years morning might be THE #1 least crowded holiday ever...)

After the 2nd, there are still crowds that mostly last until that Monday when kids go back to school. The Disney Marathon and 1/2 Marathon are usually the Sunday after New Years Eve - anywhere from the 6th - 12th of January. I forget how many people are involved in the races - tens of thousands each day, but it isn't like a real holiday.

I have heard that the week(s) in between, like, January 7th and Martin Luther King day are super quiet, but I don't know for sure!