PDA

View Full Version : Should we go to MVMCP again?

RockinRollerMom
05-07-2008, 10:54 AM
Was wondering what all of your opinions are.....

Last year me, DH, and DD attended MVMCP with the inlaws. It was a really fun night. I thought the fireworks were great and the parade was hands down the best parade I have ever seen at disney. We were able to ride a ton of rides with barely no wait at all. It was raining that night so we didn't get a chance to see the shows or do many character greets.

So fast forward one year and we are planning another December WDW trip. I really wasn't planning on MVMCP this year. Partially because it is expensive, but also because we did do it last year. (I enjoyed the obsorne lights more and that was free!) So DD had been starting to put in some digs that she might want to go again this year. DM is coming with us this trip and she has never been to MVMCP. I am basicly doing all of the planning. (Which is good by her. She'll happily do whatever I plan.)

So what are your thoughts? Is MVMCP better the second time around or is it a little bit of a let down? I'd like to book my tickets sooner than later if we are going.

Thanks in advance for all of your advice!

Strmchsr
05-07-2008, 11:02 AM
If you only thought it was "alright" I'm not sure I would do it again. It's a must do 1 time, but after that only you can decide whether it's worth it or not. We do it almost every time we go, but for us it's a great part of the Christmas experience. It's the one parade we actually care about and we love the Christmas Wishes.

Bethis26fan
05-07-2008, 11:40 AM
We've done it the last two times and we had fun both times. The show's are really cute so you may want to think about it.

scootch713
05-07-2008, 12:05 PM
It was terribly crowded last year for us. A thursday night mid november. In 2005, it was great....since I had seen in all in 2005, I thought I kinda wasted my money last year. There are so many different things to do at disney, I would opt something different.

RockinRollerMom
05-09-2008, 11:33 AM
Thanks for all of the advice. Right now we are leaning towards not going. I figure if we change our minds I can always try to get tickets in the future. DD want to do BBB too. So I might give her the option of one or the other.

mudpuppysmom
05-09-2008, 12:49 PM
I too am struggling with whether we should spend the $$ and go again or not, just do something else instead (like resort hop and check out their decorations -- free!).

I took DS two Decembers ago and we really had a good time -- this time though there will also be DH and my sister and her crew, so there is potential for us to spend a small fortune on this. My sister is looking at this as a trip that will have to last for several years due to budget constraints while we go every year (somehow I manage, but it's getting tougher!).

I too am leaning towards maybe doing Osborne Lights that night and then doing the resort hopping -- I don't know that the kids will be up for swimming during our stay, but it might be nice enough for them to do that, plus we are staying at AKL, so we can see the animals with NVG's -- or heck, here's an idea.......maybe we can relax???!?!?!! Normally relaxation is not on my schedule when we go on vaca.....

Sorry for the ramble.....

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-09-2008, 10:31 PM
I had a great time when we went in 2005 and would definitely think about doing it again if I can ever swing going at that time of year again.

brertosh
05-10-2008, 05:31 AM
Newbie here, what the heck is MVMCP anyway??:blush:

RockinRollerMom
05-10-2008, 10:21 AM
Mickey's very merry christmas party:santa3:

faline
05-10-2008, 03:29 PM
Newbie here, what the heck is MVMCP anyway??:blush:

You can find more information on Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/holidays/christmas/mvmcp.asp)!

This party is a real favorite of mine! I wouldn't miss it if I were going to be there when it was offered!

brertosh
05-10-2008, 05:57 PM
Oh ok thank you!

Gator
05-10-2008, 07:01 PM
One of the big pushes is that they sell a limited amount of tickets for the event. But, unless your going the week of Thanksgiving, it won't make much of a dent on the crowds. It's another way for Disney to get you to pay extra for being there on tickets you already bought. That said, it does have a lot of cool shows, parades, and fireworks (not as good as Wishers). There also seems to be more character interaction, which is important to some. I plan on doing it again this December.