PDA

View Full Version : OKW vs CBR --- same theme?

Sunshine1010
05-07-2008, 10:24 AM
I know that OKW has a Key West theme and CBR has a caribbean theme,....but are they similar?

I've stayed at CBR before. Just wondering if the OKW is basically a DVC 'version'? Is the atmosphere different?

KineGirl
05-07-2008, 01:13 PM
I would say it is kind of similar if you want to say they both have island themes but its so hard to compare a deluxe to a mod and thats where the similarities end. OKW has more subdued colors than CBR I think would be the first thing youd notice which to me is much more calming. And I think on a whole OKW is way more relaxed & upscale than CBR. It really feels like OKW. I love the steel drum music, Jimmy Buffet & Bob Marley they play by the HH. The massive palm trees, the lush landscaping, tiled floors :cloud9:

minnie1956
05-07-2008, 09:22 PM
Architecture is different, "mood" is different.
Overall, I think OKW is superior. Of course, we are DVC owners so I'm prejudiced. We've stayed at CBR once. Don't ever plan to go back there again.

MNNHFLTX
05-08-2008, 01:41 PM
Both resorts may have tropical theming, but have noticeable differences too. Old Key West's architecture and theming is more Victorian cottage elegant and the colors are more subdued than the the Caribbean Beach Resort. And I think the atmosphere is a little quieter and more laid-back too.

Gator
05-09-2008, 09:44 PM
CBR is quite "loud" in color. OKW is more coastal americana. If you can afford OKW, go that direction. But if money is an issue, you'll love CBR for the price.