PDA

View Full Version : Displaying non-trade pins

Young@Heart
05-07-2008, 09:19 AM
I tend to only wear the pins I'm willing to trade on my lanyard. But for this trip, I though I might add a few of my special pins to my messanger bag. Would this be asking for trouble or do you think most people would avoid asking to trade for those pins?

chrisb26
05-07-2008, 10:42 PM
I wouldn't think you'd have much trouble. I've noticed lots of people wearing pins I'm sure they wouldn't trade since they are Limited Edition or whatever. If you do get people wanting to trade you could always say sorry not trading them or whatever.

Personally I don't bring mine I did my last trip but after one fell off I decided not to risk it luckily I heard it drop but would have been upset if I had lost one of my nice pins. So this time I just decided to bring traders and keep them in my pocket and when I find one I like I would trade it.

KineGirl
05-07-2008, 11:16 PM
I do almost the opposite. I love wearing a lanyard that has a theme (Maleficent being my favorite) and will only put a couple of "traders on there. No park guest has yet to ask me ever to trade pins since its conception during Millenium Celebration (besides pin sharks .. BOOO on them!), though I go out of my way to pull out a few traders while standing in line with young traders to see if they want something ( I usually just give it to them except for this one time this little girl got very upset and insisted I trade her LOL - of course I obliged). I only really trade with CMs. I keep other traders in my character backpacks. I keep several lanyards with different themes handy when we go to the World. It kind of works like outfits for me - what I feel like wearing that day. Today I might feel like Tigger, tomorrow Villains the next day Tink.

Ive also noticed that Ive had better luck with pins not falling off since the new "mickey" backs came out. Ive yet to lose a pin - knock on wood.

Disney-4-Me
05-08-2008, 12:36 PM
I have a Disney backpack that I bought in 2002. It has been back to Disney World with me 10 times since then. I love it and thought it would be a great idea to wear my pins on the flap. I didn't mind the extra weight because they looked so good there - until I lost 2. :(

I am now too paranoid about losing my pins to wear them to the parks on anything but a lanyard.

Disneyatic
05-14-2008, 05:30 PM
I have a Disney backpack that I bought in 2002. It has been back to Disney World with me 10 times since then. I love it and thought it would be a great idea to wear my pins on the flap. I didn't mind the extra weight because they looked so good there - until I lost 2. :(

I am now too paranoid about losing my pins to wear them to the parks on anything but a lanyard.

Has anyone tried the locking pin backs?
We discovered them on our first trip after DD lost a pin that she was very fond of and was very upset. You can buy them at all of the pin places. They take a bit longer to get on and off when trading, but once you have them on, you can pretty much guarantee that the pin will not fall off! I would definitely recommend them!
My Great Aunt is an avid pin collector (not just Disney pins but ALL kinds of pins) and after discovering these locking pin backs we got some for her because she had lost a very dear pin one time.

Young@Heart
07-13-2008, 02:29 AM
Has anyone tried the locking pin backs?
We discovered them on our first trip after DD lost a pin that she was very fond of and was very upset. You can buy them at all of the pin places. They take a bit longer to get on and off when trading, but once you have them on, you can pretty much guarantee that the pin will not fall off! I would definitely recommend them!
My Great Aunt is an avid pin collector (not just Disney pins but ALL kinds of pins) and after discovering these locking pin backs we got some for her because she had lost a very dear pin one time.

Thanks for this info! I didn't know you could buy the locking pin backs at the parks. I've wanted these for a while. I had at least 2 pins fall off last trip, and am paranoid now. Another reasons I thought of only putting trade pins on my lanyard. I think, with locking backs, I'd proudly display my favorite collection! :mickey: