PDA

View Full Version : Character Breakfast for Toddler ?

WDWfeelslikehome
05-07-2008, 06:40 AM
I already have many ADR's made, but have been thinking about adding one more character breakfast. I'm debating between the Playhouse Disney or Donald's Safari Breakfast. Either one would work with our "schedule" for our trip. Does anyone have experience with either, and any preferences/tips? DS is 2.5 and this will be his first trip to WDW, so I want to start him off right so that he is hooked on the mouse for life just like his papa.

MickeyMomof2
05-07-2008, 08:30 AM
My kids don't watch Playhouse Disney, so going to that meal would be as exciting for them. If your kids are familiar with those characters, I am sure it would be great. We did Donald's meal in AK last fall when it was still in Dinoland. It was one of my kids' favorite meals of the week.

Have fun!

Donald's Girl
05-07-2008, 09:11 AM
Although breakfast with Donald is always my personal favorite, I would definitely go with Playhouse Disney for a toddler.
My secretary's son and daughter in law took her18 month old granddaughter a few months ago and they did this breakfast. The photos and video they sent of her dancing and laughing with all the characters was priceless! The shows highlighted there are just what toddlers love to watch and I think would relate to much better than the traditional characters at Tusker House.
So, I must apologize to my exalted leader and recommend the other breakfast!

scootch713
05-07-2008, 10:14 AM
I think the best toddler character meal is Chef Mickeys.. you get MIckey, Minnie, Pluto, Donald, Goofy ....

Bethis26fan
05-07-2008, 11:28 AM
If they watch play house disney I would say do that one. Have fun at which ever one you pick.

Belle_0717
05-07-2008, 01:25 PM
Playhouse Disney was the hit of my DNephew's first trip. He knew Leo and June from the show. He only watched JoJo's Circus if he was up REALLY EARLY. But he loved Goliath! The food was a hit for the BIG KIDS too. He loved the Mickey waffles and they gave him a cupcake for his 1st b-day. He knew all the songs and loved the dancing.

Believe me DH and I are fighting whether to go back there or to Chef Mickey's. Right now Chef Mickey's is winning out.

Septbride2002
05-07-2008, 02:48 PM
My daughter gets so excited during the Playhouse Disney Live show that I will have to vote for breakfast at HS.

~Amanda

goofynmd
05-07-2008, 11:07 PM
I too voted for Playhouse Disney. If your child watches either JoJo or Einsteins she will love it. I escpecially liked that the kids were able to get out of their seats and go dance with the characters.

Jared
05-07-2008, 11:57 PM
I didn't vote in the poll because the decision is really dependant on which characters your son likes. My sister never watched Playhouse Disney as a child, so we would choose Donald's Safari Breakfast. If meeting JoJo and Goliath would be a thrill for your kid, perhaps Hollywood & Vine is your best option.

:tasty:

WDWfeelslikehome
05-08-2008, 09:29 AM
We have already have Cape May, Akershus, and Crystal Palace booked for breakfast. Put some thought into DS's interest in Jojo, none so far, and that has me leaning toward Donald. Although DW hinted it wouldn't be a bad day to work in another sleep in/pool/sea sprite morning. Who can complain at that? If I'm at WDW:mickey:, then I'm happy. :cloud9:It's pretty simple.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
05-09-2008, 04:17 PM
My DD(3) went crazy there and still asks all the time when she can go eat with JoJo and Goliath. Needless to say it is our agenda for Aug.

baby minnie's mommy
05-10-2008, 01:25 PM
Does your toddler watch JoJo and/or Little Eisteins? My DD loves those shows, so of course she LOVED the Playhouse meal (we did lunch). If they don't know those characters, however, it may not be as "magical."

The dancing segment was done in the larger seating area, so since we were in a side corner area I had to walk DD over to the dancing.

We haven't done Donald's, so I didn't vote. I just know that a lot of our character meal decisions are centered around who DD likes and wants to meet. :mickey:

laward32
05-10-2008, 09:12 PM
I voted for Playhouse Disney. If the toddler is familiar with the Disney shows, they will love it. We've done the other one and I did not like it at all. The food wasn't that great and we didn't have one character stop by our table and they weren't even busy.:mickey:

Mickey91
05-12-2008, 08:06 PM
Playhouse Disney. It is the only meal that has these characters and it is the only park I have seen them.

kg00616
05-13-2008, 09:24 AM
We had breakfast at Ohana and it was great for toddlers. Mickey, Pluto, Lilo and Stitch. Plus it was great that they brought all the food to you so you don't have to worry about taking the kids through a buffet.

CU Tiger
05-13-2008, 12:52 PM
I think a toddler will relate more with playhouse Disney Characters and have more fun. :mickey:

Mackflava99
05-13-2008, 04:31 PM
Playhouse Disney has alot of music, the characters are more available etc- my kids liked it alot better.
Both are great - so either way you wont lose-

Food is good at either one.