PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Mickey Mouse T-shirts???

special k
05-07-2008, 12:14 AM
I don't know where to put this post, but I'm wondering where, at WDW or online, I could find a nice selection of vintage mickey mouse t-shirts. You know the faded ones that look all old-school. I'm trying to find one that is gray with the classic mickey mouse emblem on the front, in the faded design.

Does this make sense to anyone? lol

MickeyandTink
05-07-2008, 02:20 PM
If you're looking for a new shirt with the old school look, try the disneystore online. If you want some true vintage shirts, try e-bay.

Good luck. :smickey:

Bringonthemouse!
05-07-2008, 07:10 PM
try the disneystore online.

I just received one I ordered last week, they have many to choose from, especially if you "design" your own!

*goofy'sgirls*
05-07-2008, 07:22 PM
Ok I'm letting u in on my secrets. I collect vintage looking and old school disney cartoon shirts. I'm pretty proud of my collection which includes, Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, Tailspin, Ducktales, a very cool looking vintage Toy story and and many others. Now I buy my shirts at my local mall at a store named Hot Topic and another called Yellow Rat *******. Also at Walmart and Target.I love the vintage look with the fitted style of the tees. I also have some villians and princesses. I have an array of disney jewelry too that I've purchased at these stores. Believe me u are going to find something you like in one of those stores. Good luck hunting!

tinksmom02
05-08-2008, 09:48 PM
I recently ordered a bunch from the online disney store. I got ones for the kids 3/$15, women's fitted 2/$15, and men's on clearance (with coupons I paid $3.49 each for them!)

They've got a lot of good sales going on right now...

CaptainJessicaSparrow
05-08-2008, 11:28 PM
They sell Classic Mickey T's at the parks at WDW.

As others have said, Hot Topic actually has a great selection of which I was guilty of splurging there earlier today. Too bad they didn't have my size in the Power Rangers one...

teamblackwell
05-09-2008, 12:54 AM
Hey Jessica,
What's Hot Topic?

special k
05-10-2008, 07:56 PM
Thanks for the heads up! I saw one in hot topic a while ago but I think it's gone now. Who would have thought Hot Topic would end up carrying Dinsey merch?! lol

wendy*darling
05-10-2008, 08:42 PM
What's Hot Topic?
Hot Topic is a store in many shopping malls across the US.
They sell a lot of t's and other fashions for the "young at heart."
(I did a quick search online and see that there are many in the Phoenix area malls - you should be able to find one easily.)

CaptainJessicaSparrow
05-11-2008, 12:59 AM
It's also typically frequented by high schoolers who think black eyeliner is good in massive quantities.

teamblackwell
05-11-2008, 01:42 AM
It's also typically frequented by high schoolers who think black eyeliner is good in massive quantities.

:funny: that would explain why I've never been in one. I see those kinds of people and I :bolt: before I puke.

P.s. Jess,
you get the award for best reply of the day :trophy:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
05-11-2008, 08:44 AM
:ahem:

I would like to thank all of the little emo high schoolers who make this award possible.

LOL. In recent years, I've seen more of a variety of people. But when I was younger, if you shopped at Hot Topic, you definately were not a part of the in crowd and people often thought you were weird. I remember when it was very underground and carried mostly anime stuff. Now Disney and 80's stuff is pretty popular (as if the ones who do go in there know anything about 80's cartoons). I love shopping there and if I could, I'd shop there a lot more.

wendy*darling
05-11-2008, 04:34 PM
They sell a lot of t's and other fashions for the "young at heart."

:D Very nicely put!
I was trying to be too general, your description is spot on!
As a 50-something mom, it is a little scary to go in there- but not too bad. You can always pretend you are shopping for a gift. ;)

tinksmom02
05-11-2008, 09:19 PM
DD5 refers to Hot Topic as "the scary store." But she drags me in there all the time, anyway!