PDA

View Full Version : McDonald's Menu Leaving Restaurantosaurus

Figment!
05-06-2008, 10:49 PM
Big Food Changes Afoot

Scott Powers and Sara K. Clarke | Staff Writers
Orlando Sentinel
May 5, 2008

Menu changes are afoot at the Restaurantosaurus restaurant in Disney's Animal Kingdom theme park, starting with the elimination of McDonald's-brand Chicken McNuggets and french fries. The McDonald's fries will still be offered elsewhere in the park, notably at the PetriFries snack counter nearby, a Walt Disney World spokeswoman said. But Disney will offer its own chicken nuggets and fries at Restaurantosaurus, along with a new dessert menu and a new menu for children's meals, spokeswoman Andrea Finger said. The McDonald's McNuggets and fries were replaced Sunday; the other changes kick in Wednesday.

DisnIse
05-06-2008, 11:14 PM
Oh, thank GOD! I love a good McNugget as much as the next girl, but I never liked having them in the parks for some reason. I also don't like food on my plate to touch other food, so maybe they're related somehow....

Thanks for the update, Jason! :mickey:

SpecJoe Magic
05-06-2008, 11:33 PM
My wife and I hate McDonald's food so we have never considered eating there, but this change means that we might try it out eventually.

GrumpyFan
05-07-2008, 08:27 AM
I saw this the other day and was curious about why the change. Has Disney and McDonalds parted ways completely?

JPL
05-07-2008, 08:33 AM
Great News this was by far the worst CS location in all of WDW.

lockedoutlogic
05-07-2008, 09:05 AM
Great News this was by far the worst CS location in all of WDW.

ABC Commissary?

Figment!
05-07-2008, 09:34 AM
Has Disney and McDonalds parted ways completely?Not completely, they still have a number of other agreements in place including three in-park McDonald's Brand Fries stands, the in-park McDonald's Branded Refreshment Port, and the Ronald's Funhouse location in Downtown Disney.

It has been reported, although not confirmed, that this change was brought about by McDonald's deciding to not renew their 10 year contract for the location.

BluewaterBrad
05-07-2008, 05:40 PM
Now get them out of EPCOT!!:mickey:

baby minnie's mommy
05-07-2008, 06:16 PM
:( Actually, we liked getting the Happy Meal for DD (age 3). Even though it only had chicken nuggets, it came with a toy giraffe that DD LOVED and showed to everyone she saw. (A cheap souvenir!) And she likes the nuggets.

Will they still have a kids meal + toy option? I'm guessing not, but am still wondering...

DizneyRox
05-08-2008, 07:04 PM
In all the years I've been going to WDW with the majority of the days spent at AK over the other three parks, I have never been in there outside of the Donald's Breakfastosaurus. I can't say they will be missed. Hardly eat Mickey D's IRL, never mind on vacation.

Mackflava99
05-09-2008, 12:46 AM
i never liked the fact McDonalds was in the park- get them OUT

whats NEXT? WHITE CASTLE IN THE CASTLE?

Sharon1026
05-11-2008, 10:10 PM
i never liked the fact McDonalds was in the park- get them OUT

whats NEXT? WHITE CASTLE IN THE CASTLE?

Dude... don't dis White Castle!! Next you'll be picking on Cap'n Crunch!! :D