PDA

View Full Version : Getting off of the ship

NJGIRL
05-06-2008, 04:16 PM
The last time we took a Disney cruise was 4 years ago and I don't remember what time we were able to get off of the ship.

I know it always depends on customs and the time can always be different but for those that have recently cruised with Disney at what time were you able to get off of the ship?

We are docking at 7:30. What time do you think that they will start letting us off. I know that it takes about an hour to get to Orlando from the port. I am trying to get the garden grocer to make a delivery to our resort and I'm not sure of what time to tell them.

TammiMcMan
05-06-2008, 04:37 PM
Typically you dock much earlier than 7:30. Provided there are no problems with customs, they usually start letting guests off between 7am and 7:30am.

Chances are, you won't have a room at the resort that early anyway, so the grocery delivery will be left with bell services. I don't think you need to be there to accept it. Provided they have your reservation number and the name on your reservation, bell services will refrigerate any perishables and deliver them to your room when it's assigned.

NJGIRL
05-06-2008, 04:58 PM
Typically you dock much earlier than 7:30. Provided there are no problems with customs, they usually start letting guests off between 7am and 7:30am.

Chances are, you won't have a room at the resort that early anyway, so the grocery delivery will be left with bell services. I don't think you need to be there to accept it. Provided they have your reservation number and the name on your reservation, bell services will refrigerate any perishables and deliver them to your room when it's assigned.

The time on our cruise docs say 7:30, but the earlier the better, Thanks! We aren't staying on Disney property so we will be able to get into our resort as early as we want.

TammiMcMan
05-06-2008, 05:15 PM
The time on our cruise docs say 7:30, but the earlier the better, Thanks!Yeah, I think the reason they put that on the cruise docs, is because you can usually start going ashore by that time. In order for the ship to clear customs and have all the luggage off, it actually "docks" much earlier.

jodijo
05-16-2008, 09:31 AM
We wanted to get off as early as we could on our Feb. cruise. The sip was docked by the time we woke up at 6:30. We skipped the breakfast seating because we were to eat around 8:30. Instead, we ate at the buffet. Then waited in line (on the 3rd deck I believe) to disembark. At 7:30, they let us off the ship. We were off the ship and ready to pick up our rental car in less than 30 minutes. In fact, we went to Kennedy Space Center for the day and got there by 8:30. They opened at 9:00 and had to wait.

Have a wonderful trip!