PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have extra fingers to cross???

Patty
05-06-2008, 04:13 PM
If anyone out there has any extra fingers to cross that would be great. My daughter is involved in a project called "Tar Wars" I Don't know if any of you are familiar with this or not but it is an anti-smoking project where kids make poster to promote staying smoke free. Anyways, 5th graders around the country can enter this poster contest, although I had never heard of it before. Well, my daughter won at her school level :thumbsup: (which makes this smoking mom feel more than a little guilty). So this Saturday she is off to the state competition. Now secretly I don't expect her to go any farther than this, but I guess in reality she has as much chance of winning as the next guy.

Anyways if she wins Saturday, then we get to go to Washington D.C. for the nationals, and I thought that was pretty cool. So I went on line to see what types of events take place in Washington for this and Well now here is the BIG thing. The 1st place winner in Washington gets a free trip to DISNEY WORLD :woohoo::woohoo: and this is why she needs any extra crossed fingers and toes that she can find. She has always wanted to go to Washington so I know she would be beside herself happy to get that far, but hey a free trip to Disney, well I think I know how we would all feel about that!:thumbsup:

quicksand
05-06-2008, 04:33 PM
:congrats::congrats::congrats:

Ed
05-06-2008, 08:38 PM
Ever since I drank some of the water from the moat at IASW :thedolls:, I seem to have developed 16 fingers and 18 toes. The problem is, they're all on my elbows. :eek:

So I've got them all crossed, and I'll even throw in a little :pixie: - - no extra charge!

Good luck!

Gooftroop5
05-07-2008, 02:13 PM
:congrats::magic::pixie:

I hope she wins!

KineGirl
05-07-2008, 02:28 PM
:fingers::fingers::fingers::fingers::fingers:

princessjojo
05-07-2008, 05:12 PM
I wouldn't say this around our neighborhood because where we live, tobacco is the bread and butter of our livelyhoods. Put me and my family through college, and is putting my youngest sister through private school. I guess you could say it's a staple of our community.

But as a non-smoker, WAY TO GO!!! I think she's choosing to be a great role model for her friends and one to be looked up to!

Here's some extra :fingers::fingers::fingers: and I'll even throw in some :pixie::pixie: on the side. Good Luck!!

tinkerbell04
05-07-2008, 06:22 PM
As a teacher of the tar wars program, I know the challenge! I wish her the best of luck and have my fingers crossed!

Disney-4-Me
05-08-2008, 12:29 PM
:thumbsup: Congratulations to your daughter on winning her school level.
:fingers: Good luck to her at the next level!