PDA

View Full Version : From WL to POR

starrmomof2
05-06-2008, 04:09 PM
We are staying at WL in September. On our arrival day, we will be having dinner at Boatwrights. I'm thinking to get there we can take a bus to DTD, then a boat to POR to see the Sassagoula River for the first time. After dinner and a carriage ride, does anyone have any suggestions on returning to WL other than reversing our arrival? I thought it would be a good evening to explore a little before hitting the parks the next day (unless I can get my crew to agree to go to EP for Evening EMH!!) What about going to Boardwalk before returning to WL? Any ideas?
Thanks -

Beast_fanatic
05-06-2008, 04:47 PM
You can use Downtown Disney as a transfer point, or you can use any open park.

If you're asking about going to Boardwalk from POR (or WL), if Disney Hollywood Studios is still open, then I would take the bus there and then walk over to the Boardwalk. Epcot wouldn't be an option since you would arrive at the front of the park, and you would have to walk through Epcot to the International Gateway to go to the Boardwalk. If you stay at the Boardwalk late, then Downtown Disney will be your transfer spot.

Another option is to take a taxi. They are generally readily available at the resorts - just ask at bell services.

joelkfla
05-06-2008, 11:03 PM
Don't forget there's also a boat from the Studios to the Boardwalk, when the park is open. The boat ride takes about 20 minutes. The walk is about .9 miles, if you don't take any shortcuts.

You can also use the MK as a transfer point between WL and other resorts (PO, Boardwalk, or any other.) As long as the MK is open, there is both bus and boat service to and from WL, and it will probably be faster than DTD for most destinations. (DTD buses make the most intermediate stops; MK ones make the least because of the high rider volume.)