PDA

View Full Version : Club Level food at the Poly

MicMouse
05-06-2008, 12:55 PM
Just wondering what they've been serving at the Club Level lounge. What's good and what's not?

PS - I know you can't get this in the lounge, but what does the Lapu Lapu taste like?

Polynesian Dweller
05-06-2008, 01:32 PM
Hmm. Not that easy to answer. Starting with what's good or not. That, of course, is largely personal taste but I've liked everything they have.

What they serve:

Breakfast is cereals, buns, bagels, toast, typical continental.

Through the day there are cookies, soda, coffee, water.

Dinner is different every night with things like barbecue pork, salad, grilled skewers, etc. You really can't subsitute this for a restaurant meal, just not the quantity really.

At night, they have cakes, pastries, and liquers.

Tikiman2001 can give you a reasonably full menu.

SBETigg
05-06-2008, 05:23 PM
Lapu Lapu tastes like fruit juices and rum. The rum doesn't have an overly strong flavor. The juices dominate in flavor, especially pineapple. But the rum is in there, and you feel the power of it more after you drink than while sipping.
:papple:

DawsonAR
05-09-2008, 07:14 PM
We were there in January and I can't really remember the specifics, but everything was WONDERFUL!!! I thought I was going to gain 10 lbs in one week.

We ate breakfast there every day and had snacks each evening.

We were recently at the WL Club level and it wasn't nearly as good. I will go back to the Poly Club Level again but never to WL Club Level.

Tinkerfreak
05-09-2008, 07:42 PM
Lapu Lapu tastes like fruit juices and rum. The rum doesn't have an overly strong flavor. The juices dominate in flavor, especially pineapple. But the rum is in there, and you feel the power of it more after you drink than while sipping.
:papple:

There certainly is rum in it and you are right you don't taste it. I had one for the first time in Nov. and I was really tipsy even though I sipped it. I would not get it in the Pineapple again, it was too heavy and tippy. It was a very tasty drink though but be careful it does tend to catch up with you all of a sudden:blush:

mouseketeer mom
05-12-2008, 09:30 AM
I had the opposite experience with the Lapu Lapu. Mine tasted almost all of rum, and it was a killer to drink. I could barely taste any juice. I think I only drank half.
The Poly lounge is terrific. And we have made a meal of their offerings, many people have. For example, one nite we opted to have the turkey skewers with peanut dipping sauce and the Maui potatoes that were offered. We also picked on veggies and fruit. Way more than enough for a meal. We then just relaxed by the pool all evening. One of our favorite nights during our last trip.

MicMouse
05-12-2008, 10:06 AM
Thanks!

We'll be there in about 7 weeks and can't wait!