PDA

View Full Version : What's up with the new "tags", etc., at the bottom of the threads?

Dsnygirl
05-06-2008, 12:32 PM
As most of you who know me know, I'm not the most computer literate person. I can get by, but new stuff needs a little explanantion for me. :blush:

So - what do we do with the new "tags" and "bookmarks" at the bottom of the threads? I also noticed we can add "tags" to new threads... what is that for?

Sorry if this is pretty basic for most people, but just though I'd ask... :D

brewcrew26
05-06-2008, 01:43 PM
Normally, "tags" are a few words that identify the main gist of a post.

So, for instance if you were to post about a bad dinner at Crystal Palace you could put the following tags to your post: Magic Kingdom, Crystal Palace, dinner, bad. Then, when someone was using the search engine, they could type in Crystal Palace and dinner, and ideally, your review should pop up using the tags to identify it.

That's how we define "tags" at the website I help run at work. I'm sure someone will be along soon with an "official" definition.

John
05-06-2008, 02:06 PM
That's pretty much it on the tag side of things. The Google, Del.ico.us, Digg links are ways of sharing informaiton with others that use those sites to compile interesting news or information across the internet. Best to visit one of those sites if you are unfamiliar to see what they are all about.

John
05-06-2008, 02:11 PM
BTW, I just added some tags to this thread to help you get an idea how it might be used.

Dsnygirl
05-06-2008, 03:31 PM
:thumbsup: Thanks for the info -- I've used the search engine a few times, and this ought to make it a lot easier!!

And thanks for all the cool changes you guys have done recently -- it just keeps getting better!! :D