PDA

View Full Version : Pixie Dust for 2, please!

Beach Club Babe
05-06-2008, 09:05 AM
Yesterday, Ashleigh's soccer team was playing one its final 3 games of the season. The refereeing was terrible. If we so much as looked sideways, they'd call a penalty on us. The same couldn't be said of the other team. There were a total of 14 penaltes on us and only 1 on the other team. Well this spelled disaster for us. The other team got rougher and rougher as they realized they could get away with pretty much anything. The score had remained at 1-0 with the other team on top since the opening 5 minutes of the game. Late in the second half they made a nasty tackle and took of our starters out hard. She did not get up and right away we knew something was very wrong as she is pretty tough and has never not gotten up and continued on. They had to carry her off the field, she could not put any weight on her left leg. Not a few minutes later, there was an even nastier tackle on one of our players. Before the girl even hit the ground, a bloodcurdling scream rang out and again we knew this 2nd girl would not be getting up. There is nobody tougher than this girl and she was lying on the field in absolute agony. After a while, she also had to be carried from the field. Now what really burns me up is that a parent from the other team was standing near a group from our team. She immedately got on her cell phone to someone else at the other end of the filed and had the audacity to say (quite loudly) "My question is, is are they just doing this to stall for time?" I was so angry, but I bit my tongue. When the game was over, both girls had to be carried across the filed into cars and sent to the emergency room. I am not sure how the 1st girl is, but it looked like a possible broken ankle. As for the second girl, she blew out her knee! This was to be her fianl home game ever as she is a senior. This was senior day, and it didn't have to end like this this for her. The refs should be ashamed of themselves for allowing that kind of play, but I am still more angry at that parent accusing them of taking dives!:mad:

So if you could send a little spare pixie dust, they sure could use it! :pixie:

crazypoohbear
05-06-2008, 09:15 AM
Sending tons of pixie dust for the girls.
What a shame that the refs were so blatant in their jobs. If anyone was video taping this game I would make a copy of it and send it to the director or commissioner to make sure these guys don't ref again.
And what poor sportsmanship from the other team :(

RedSoxFan
05-06-2008, 09:22 AM
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:for the girls. I hope they are OK. What a shame for this to happen on senior night.

tinkerbellybutton
05-06-2008, 09:58 AM
Sending tons of pixie dust :pixie: :pixie: for the girls. How rude of that mother :nono: but I have to say that I feel sorry for her. If people in her life are so dishonest that she would first and foremost think that these girls were using some kind of tactic, how sad her life must be. Too bad that senior couldn't have experienced good sportsmanship for her last home game. I hope the girls are up and at 'em and 100% soon. :pixie: :pixie:

offwego
05-06-2008, 11:40 AM
How awful..I hope the girls will be ok soon.

:pixie: :pixie:

Disney-4-Me
05-06-2008, 03:58 PM
:pixie: Pixie dust for the girls.

It's too bad that adults forget that a game is just a game and is supposed to teach kids to be a part of a team and to play fairly. Adults (refs) shouldn't determine the outcome of the game.:mad:

Patty
05-06-2008, 05:36 PM
Pixie Dust and heartfelt well wishes go out to the two girls. What a horrible way to end the season. I hope some sort of complaints get sent on to the refs, I am sure they have to be held accountable to someone. As for the other mother, unfortunatly that behavior is becoming typical at some sporting events, all I have to say to her is watch out, Karma is a B.
:pixie::pixie::pixie:

katzctkpt
05-06-2008, 06:09 PM
That's awful. I thought only things happened like that here at our daughters school. People are so cruel when it comes to sports. Adults can act so childish. Here's a ton of pixie dust and hope it helps.
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

Beach Club Babe
05-07-2008, 09:25 AM
Thanks for all the pixie dust! Just a quick update, the other girl has a high ankle sprain and torn muscles and ligaments!