PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare?

thejens
05-05-2008, 11:45 PM
We are staying at the Poly and have done the Ohana bfast before (love the characters, but I was not impressed with the food.) So I booked bfast at 1900 Park Fare. My neice will be with us and I thought she may like Mary Poppins and friends. Any thoughts on this choice? What is food like? We love Cape May and Crystal Palace. Any recent character appearances? Alice? Mad Hatter? Mary Poppins? Just curious as I count down the days...just a 18 days!!!!

McGoofy
05-05-2008, 11:55 PM
My family enjoyed this breakfast. My favorite thing was the omlette station where you could have your omlette cooked to order with the ingredients of your choice. There was an excellent variety of food on the buffet. Everything from pastries to breakfast casseroles to fruits to oatmeal as well as various breakfast meats. I couldn't even begin to list (or eat for that matter) all the food that is available on the buffet. The morning that we went Mary Poppins was in the lobby, and we took pictures with her before going to breakfast. While eating breakfast, Pooh, Tigger, Alice, and the Mad Hatter all came to our table. We loved the Mad Hatter. He really hammed up his interaction with my son. This was a very fun morning.:mickey:

Jared
05-05-2008, 11:55 PM
Honestly, breakfast at 1900 Park Fare isn't too different than the meals at the other places you mentioned. It's a beautiful restaurant with a fun setting, and I know you won't regret your decision.

:tasty:

DISNEYFIX
05-06-2008, 03:50 AM
Great food, Great atmosphere, Great character interaction, Great time.
We are going to give the Stich B-fast a try this time, was it fun?

Charlee
05-06-2008, 04:12 AM
I've just booked this for our trip in June - we really enjoyed 1900 Park Fare a few years ago so I decided it would be worth going back this year!

We found the character interaction great, the Mad Hatter was very entertaining and had everyone laughing! The food was the usual Disney breakfast buffet fare but still very good! It is a lovely setting and I loved getting to wander around the Grand Floridian before heading to the Magic Kingdom - I just had to think one day I will stay here :cloud9:

Mickey'sGirl
05-06-2008, 08:36 AM
We had one of the best breakfast times EVER at 1900 Park Fare last October. Here's a link to my review (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=118474)from that visit. We can't wait to go back again!

The food was very good and very fresh, the character interaction was terrific, and I am tearing up at the memory of it all!

Enjoy! :mickey:

RockinRollerMom
05-06-2008, 08:46 AM
Another :thumbsup::thumbsup: for 1900 Park Fare's breakfast. This has been our favorite breakfast to date. Like the other posters said the food is pretty similar to the other breakfast buffets at Disney. The character interaction is fabulous. (same characters as previously mentioned.) The mad hatter is a hoot:funny: We love walking around the grounds at the GF too. It is such a beatiful resort. We try to plan our breakfast on a day that we are going to MK. The boat ride is fun. You're going to have a great time! Give us your review when you get back!:mickey:

cal5755
05-06-2008, 09:23 AM
I am really looking forward to this breakfast when we go in September!! It has had so many positive reviews and we have never had a picture with Poppins before... it sounds like such fun!!

TexasPrincessAurora
05-06-2008, 12:02 PM
This is one of our favorite character meals of all. The food is great with a few unique items. But the character interaction is the BEST! Be sure and watch Alice in Wonderland before you so your niece is familiar with the characters. The Mad Hatter alone is worth going to the breakfast...he is so wonderful, just as if he stepped out of the film! He and Alice are very playful and having a fun time interacting with the diners! You will have a wonderful time!

I would say also it's one of the more relaxed and laid back and quiet places to dine, especially as far as character meals are concerned.

Belle_0717
05-06-2008, 04:11 PM
DH and I went in March. We heard great things about it and thought it was just okay. Nothing spectacular. We loved the interaction with Tigger and Pooh but Mary and Alice didn't seem to care for the "big" kids. We probably won't go again. Taking DH to Chef Mickey's this trip with the family!

JerseyDad
05-06-2008, 10:53 PM
.....1900 Park Fare has got to be our favorite character breakfast.....and.....would be a great breakfast even without the character interaction!

....from a character breakfast viewpoint...it was great to see many of the "Victorian Era" Disney characters: Of course...Mary Poppins is ALWAYS there....as was The Mad Hatter.....Tweedle Dee & Dum....Pooh, Tigger, and there was a really super appearance by Peter Pan the last time we were there.

....and from a FOOD viewpoint....my opinion is...if you can't find something to eat that you like...THEN YOU'RE NOT HUNGRY!! ;) Seriously...the food choices are MANY....and...as "simple" as it may sound...the Grits are always wonderful (I think my wife actually swoons when she has them!) Oh...and they make a wicked Bloody Mary too!

As a side note...our personal "added attraction" to the 1900 Park Fare breakfast is that it's in the Grand Floridian...and when we go (always the 1st week of Nov)...they are beginning to assemble the GIANT gingerbread house in the main lobby. So we always look forward to that

brewcrew26
05-06-2008, 11:12 PM
When I was younger (up through 2001), this was a must-do every trip. I think 1900 Park Fare has one of the best breakfast buffet selections. I liked it much more than Chef Mickey's and I rate it just slightly higher than Crystal Palace, where we ate last month.

I like the personal interaction you can have with Mary Poppins since she can actually talk. Plus, there's penguins! So cute!! I guess it's always been a favorite since it was one of two movies I always had in the VCR (the other being Alice in Wonderland) to the point where the tape wore out. But we had everyone from Minnie Mouse to Pooh and Eeyore at the breakfast. So there are lot of options.

I don't know if they still do it, but they used to give out this complimentary strawberry juice beverage and you could get free refills on it. It was really yummy!

thejens
05-06-2008, 11:15 PM
Wow. Thanks guys. I am really looking forward to it now! Funny, everyone always raves about the Ohana bfast with Stitch, but I didn't especially care for it. The characters were fun, but I thought the food was very limited and luke warm at best. I'd give it another try for my Stitch loving kids though. I am glad I chose Parkfare this time,though. It sounds terrific and I am also dying to experience the Grand Floridian before heading over to MK. I appreciate everyone's comments.

Gator
05-09-2008, 03:34 PM
It's the only place where you have a guarantee to see Mary Poppins, which for my daughter is a must.

thejens
05-09-2008, 04:57 PM
I love Mary Poppins too. We caught sight of her last time on the carosel. She enjoyed her ride in a very lady like manner, posed for just a few pics, then left in a no nonsense manner. Practically Perfect, indeed!

BluewaterBrad
05-09-2008, 07:40 PM
We did the character breakfast last Dec. Mary Poppins was great, as well as Mad Hatter, Alice, etc. Food was great lobster eggs benedict, omelet station, Really Good!! You will like it!:mickey: