PDA

View Full Version : momma's day Pre trip report

iluvdizney2
05-05-2008, 11:41 PM
We leave in approx. 36 hours and I am a nervous wreck.
I am leaving with my oldest son (21) and we are staying at POP.
I know no one really knows what goes on in my home but suffice to say I have 5 kids all of which have a mitochondrial disease and 2 of them are in crisis right now on has central line TPN dependant an tube fed as well.He has had numerous strokes and at 16 now funtions like an 8 yr old...my 18 yr old is severely sick with GI issues and rheumatoid arthritis..he is now on remicade IVs and also is on a chemo drug which is causing him to be very ill. plus tonight he decided to add extremely high blood sugar issues and other problems into the mix....I also suffer from it and have had a few strokes before I became 40. My last stroke l ef me unable to go distances at all and I use a chair. My kids all love life and live it to the fullest.
I am going on this trip with much hesitation due to all of this going on, but also with hope for renewal of my mind. I need to be free from the day to day medical life that is in our home. BUT, I am going to worry because of the same reason.
We have ADRs at Beirgarten, Coral Reef, Raglan Road, H&V, and RFC. We are still wondering if we will go to the P&PP ....The goal is to relax, regroup and renew....my son is very good to me, he just got home from college and this was something he wanted to do with me while we still could.
I am looking forward to everything and yet expecting nothing. I would ike a visit fromthe dream squad, but only for ears! :mickey:LOL..
I will post with news of the trip as I can. please send some prayes and pixie dust down to WDW because I am going to need as much as I can get!

vizsla
05-06-2008, 05:34 AM
Have a great time and a safe trip.

ChipnDaleGal
05-06-2008, 09:27 AM
If ever anyone needed at trip to WDW, it sounds like it is you. I am sure it will be impossible not to worry while you are gone. But I am also sure you will come back stronger and better able to care for your kids after you get a chance to relax and have some fun. Best of luck to you and all your kids during your trip. :pixie:

cal5755
05-06-2008, 10:46 AM
You have our prayers and :pixie:

I hope you have a very relaxing and rejuvinating time in WDW!! You have a great son to take you there for a mothers day get a way and you certainly deserve it.

Have a safe and extra Magical trip!!

Bethis26fan
05-06-2008, 11:16 AM
If ever anyone needed at trip to WDW, it sounds like it is you. I am sure it will be impoosible not to worry while you are gone. But I am also sure you will come back stronger and better able to care for your kids after you get a chance to relax and have some fun. Best of luck to you and all your kids during your trip. :pixie:

i agree. I hope you have a magical trip.

Goofeygal
05-06-2008, 12:55 PM
Have a magical trip.:mickey:

faline
05-07-2008, 03:13 PM
I hope you're having a wonderful trip! I hope you come back relaxed and refreshed!