PDA

View Full Version : For The Sinatra Fans

JPooh
05-05-2008, 05:04 PM
For Those of you (like me) who love Frank Sinatra. Turner Classic Movies is featuring him as the "Star Of The Month". Every Sunday & Wednesday (usually it's only one day in the month) starting at 8:00 pm will be showing his movies and concert. What a treat.

Melanie
05-05-2008, 08:44 PM
I love him in 'Guys and Dolls', and I see it's airing on the 11th. Thanks for the info! :thumbsup:

PirateLover
05-05-2008, 09:37 PM
I love him in 'Guys and Dolls', and I see it's airing on the 11th. Thanks for the info! :thumbsup:

I love Marlon Brando even more in that movie :blush:
Huge Frank fan here. Listen to his music all the time. I especially love the movies he did with Gene Kelly.

JPL
05-05-2008, 09:51 PM
And just a little more Information he was inducted in the NJ HOF this weekend :thumbsup:

Melanie
05-05-2008, 10:09 PM
I love Marlon Brando even more in that movie :blush:

Oh yeah :yes:, and I still say Sky Masterson is the coolest name ever, but Nathan Detroit is pretty savvy too! :cool:

PirateLover
05-06-2008, 12:00 AM
Why it's good old reliable Nathan, Nathan, Nathan, Nathan, Detroit! If you're looking for action, his firm is the spot. Even when the heat is on, it's never too hot.
Haha I really want to watch that now.

Also I just read this on a website, it's a quote from Nancy Sinatra. Made me smile.

My dad may have been old school in certain ways, but he was on top of all the new technology. He stayed on the Internet until the end. He and I started his official website together (now franksinatra.com). He loved it. He'd read comments from fans all over the world and dictate his thanks to them through me. (I did the typing.) It made him happy to see people who were as young as 14 or 15, who had discovered his music, writing to him.
"Please keep this site going," he said to me. "It's really a great way to stay in touch." I'm so glad he was able to see that before he died.

TheDuckRocks
05-06-2008, 10:13 AM
Being old does give you certain bragging rights........ I saw Sinatra live in concert!!! One word "Unbeieveable"!
Thanks for the website info Maryanne, when I leave here I'm heading that way.