PDA

View Full Version : Hoop Dee Doo Revue-transportation, is it complicated?

Disneyatic
05-05-2008, 04:44 PM
I really would like to try HDDR on our upcoming trip, but it seems like the logistics of getting to and from the show are a nightmare. :eek:This is the one thing that is holding me back from booking it. :(
We are staying at POFQ, would it really be that difficult to get to and from?

I would appreciate any help with this!

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-05-2008, 04:53 PM
You have to try HDD!

It isn't nearly as bad to get from/to as you might think.

Getting there is a bit more of a struggle, but the easiest way from FQ (our favourite resort BTW) is to take the bus to MK, and then the boat to FW.

Coming home is even easier, as there are busses for each of the resorts waiting when the show is over. If you decide to hang around a bit long, you can do the reverse, and take the boat back to MK, and then the bus back to FQ.

You will enjoy the show :thumbsup:

Disneyatic
05-05-2008, 05:06 PM
Wow, thank you for the info! That sounds much easier than I was thinking.
After the show, are the busses for each resort near the place where the show is or do you have to go to somewhere else to catch them?

BluewaterBrad
05-05-2008, 06:35 PM
They are there waiting for you. As with all Disney Transportation it works very well!:mickey:

nyobabe2
05-05-2008, 07:25 PM
Forget the busses at the end, try to time the ferry back with the fireworks maybe you'll get lucky! Theres a store there you can linger around in till the ferry comes as well !!!

When we took the bus to it because we didn't realize we could take the ferry, it was an ordeal for sure!

MartyS
05-05-2008, 10:04 PM
Y'all have to do the HDDR, even if it was a lot of trouble to get to and from (which it's not) it would be worth it!! The boat ride from Ft. Wilderness to MK is a lot of fun itself. Maybe even get off at Wilderness Lodge and explore it if there's time. Hope y'all have a blast!

HndrdPrcnt
05-05-2008, 10:10 PM
I would do HDD even if it meant walking to FW!! We love the show and it is so well worth it to go and see the show!! I agree with taking the ferry. It makes for a much nicer trip. More to enjoy on the ferry than the bus!

HDD is a DO NOT MISS!!!:thumbsup:

SgtTigger
05-05-2008, 10:11 PM
As long as you understand that you are going to Fort Wilderness..... and not Wilderness Lodge. This is two different places. They are right next to each other but not tas close as you think.... I say this because the first time I tried to get to HDDR I ended up at Wilderness Lodge and had no Idea what to do......

As everyone has said go to Magic Kingdom and hop the boat.... funny thing is you might stop at Wilderness Lodge before going to Fort Wilderness..........

Have a great time the show is great.......

:cop: :tigger:

Jared
05-06-2008, 12:05 AM
I think everyone else has explained it well. As you can probably see, the commute really isn't difficult as you think. Just take the bus from Port Orleans French Quarter to the Magic Kingdom and hop the ferry. The buses will take you back after the show.

Enjoy!

:tasty:

Mulan
05-06-2008, 08:21 AM
Everyone has explained it well. You could also take the boat to DTD and take a bus to Ft. Wilderness. That bus will drop you off at the front and you then will get on another internal bus that will take you to Pioneer Hall. Then afterwards the buses are right outside waiting for you.

If you've never been to Ft. Wilderness, I would suggest that you make an evening out of this. Go for the early show. There is a petting zoo right next there. Plus a stable that houses many of the horses that are used around WDW. After the show (if time allows) head over to the Meadow Trading Post. There is a small outdoor theater and around 7:00 Chip and Dale visit. There is singing and dancing. You can roast marshmellows. Smores can be bought there or you can bring your own. Then afterwards you can sit and watch a Disney movie under the stars. Then you can take the internal bus back to the front and head back to DTD or if time allows, head back to Pioneer Hall and watch the Electric Light Parade that makes its way by there around 9:45. Then you can take the boat to MK.

I just think that alot of people doesn't know that Ft. Wilderness is an awesome place. There is alot to do here. And no matter how you decide to get there, give yourself plenty of time to get there. Going between resort to resort takes time.

Kidsmom
05-06-2008, 09:54 AM
When we went last month, we LOVED it. I was nervous since we are a family of 6 and had paid close to $300 for tickets down front. I figured...it better be worth the money.

It was SOOO good. My kids now want to go again next year when we bring Gma and Gpa.

On the ferry back, we caught the electric light parade and then the fireworks from MK. We also were able to get on our resort bus before the crowds excited from the fireworks...it was VERY easy.

Just do pay attention to which ferry you get on to. I have heard of people also ending up at WL like the other poster said.

I did't know about the campfire and smores....next time I will check that out!

onjbj
05-06-2008, 12:42 PM
When we did it a few years ago, we took a bus from CBR to DTD to FW- it took an HOUR AND A HALF!!!! The bus from DTD made several stops before it got to FW. We barely made it there in time for the show and we were soooo cranky when we found out we had to take another bus to Pioneer Hall!!

Taking the bus to MK from POF sounds like a much better idea!! Live and learn!!

Tinkerfreak
05-06-2008, 02:06 PM
I agree that it is a must do but be sure to leave yourself plenty of time to get there. As the op stated it can take a long time to get there. It has also taken us as long as one and a half hours to get there. Leave plenty of time for travel and if you get there early you can just enjoy looking around.

pox24
05-06-2008, 02:23 PM
This sounds nuts but here is what I would do. If you have no wheels, take the bus to the Wilderness Lodge. Then boat over to FW and its a 3 minute walk to Pioneer Hall from the boat dock. Do the opposite when you leave. This way you ride the bus only twice and have short boat ride too. The internal bus at FW takes forever.That's what we have always done. A couple of times we hung out at the WL on the way back and took in the water parade behind the lodge.