PDA

View Full Version : Which breakfast ADR should I keep

the real Alice
05-05-2008, 03:33 PM
MY DH & I are going on our last solo WDW trip before starting a family. We wanted to do an early breakfast at either the MK or AK one morning before the park opens. I managed to get a reservation for each on different days, but we can only keep one. The one at AK is on a day with Early EMH so I'm guessing that won't really give us much of an advantage in the park. Which should we choose? (Characters don't play a major role in our decision either).

Thanks

KylesMom
05-05-2008, 03:38 PM
Which are your two restaurant choices?

SBETigg
05-05-2008, 03:40 PM
Choose the one at the MK. It's a real treat to be on Main Street before the crowds. At the AK, it's nice but it hardly makes much difference because the park is so large and spread out. Plus, as you say, that's a morning EMH day. The MK will be the one to give you the best advantage in being in before regular crowds, and the most fun to see without crowds. Enjoy!

crazypoohbear
05-05-2008, 05:52 PM
I recommend the Magic Kingdom. I have done restaurantasauras before and it was a good interaction with the characters but he food was McDonalds :sick: the CP is good food/good characters and an empty MK!

Gator
05-05-2008, 06:40 PM
AK is GREAT in the mornings with no one around. But if it's EMH, it's worthless. I'd go with MK.

elmjimmlm
05-05-2008, 07:36 PM
If its rides that you are more excited about getting on early then AK...I will say that MK early is better...To walk down Main Street with just a few people is great...It is like being in a different world...There is nothing like it...:cloud9:

Natazu
05-05-2008, 08:10 PM
I'd say Crystal Palace over Breakfastosoarin' and either of those over Cindy's.

Jared
05-05-2008, 08:17 PM
Choose the one at the MK. It's a real treat to be on Main Street before the crowds. At the AK, it's nice but it hardly makes much difference because the park is so large and spread out. Plus, as you say, that's a morning EMH day. The MK will be the one to give you the best advantage in being in before regular crowds, and the most fun to see without crowds. Enjoy!
I was going to write what Sherri wrote. Now I don't have to. I'm sure empty Animal Kingdom is beautiful early in the morning, but there is something special and extraordinary about walking to The Crystal Palace with nobody else in the park.

:tasty:

Brainiak5
05-05-2008, 08:43 PM
a picture in front of the castle in the early morning with no crowds - priceless keepsake - it'll be great to show youre kids too :mickey:

have fun:thumbsup:

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-05-2008, 09:39 PM
I agree with the other posters...I'd go for the MK breakfast!

I love walking down Main Street all by ourselves, and it is nice to be in the park, finished breakfast when it opens.

TheDuckRocks
05-06-2008, 09:47 AM
Crystal Plalace, hands down for all of the above reasons and the food is soooooooo much better than Donald's.

HndrdPrcnt
05-06-2008, 10:35 AM
Crystal Plalace, hands down for all of the above reasons and the food is soooooooo much better than Donald's.

Well said!! We did Crystal Palace and as we were waiting to go back, our family was chosen as "Family of the Day" and got to help Mickey and the gang open the Magic Kingdom!!! :thumbsup: After we were done with that, we were then rushed in to Crystal Palace without waiting and had a great breakfast!!

By far, the most memorable day we have ever had at WDW!!!

the real Alice
05-06-2008, 12:13 PM
Thanks to all of you for your help. We will keep the MK breakfast at the Crystal Palace. We were leaning that way, but wanted to check with the experts! I can't wait to be there! :cloud9:

ElenitaB
05-06-2008, 12:48 PM
I recommend the Magic Kingdom. I have done restaurantasauras before and it was a good interaction with the characters but he food was McDonalds :sick: the CP is good food/good characters and an empty MK!

I'd say Crystal Palace over Breakfastosoarin' and either of those over Cindy's.
Just to clarify, Donald's Breakfastosaurus no longer exists. Breakfast at the AK is now held at Tusker House and has a wide variety of food, including some of the dishes found over at Boma's breakfast buffet.

I agree with everyone else though... we really enjoy a rather empty Main Street when we have 8:05 ADRs at Crystal Palace on non-EMH mornings.

katzctkpt
05-06-2008, 04:19 PM
EMH at AK is really busy. I'd go for MK. Walking down mainstreet with limited # of people is the best feeling. I didn't care to much for CP breakfast and the character interaction was to quick but, being 1st in the park made up for that.

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-07-2008, 05:14 PM
Magic Kingdom!!!

crltkcagle
05-08-2008, 10:19 PM
crystal palace gets this girls vote