PDA

View Full Version : School Book Fairs

merlinmagic4
05-05-2008, 03:14 PM
Hello,

I've been running my school's book fairs for quite a few years now. We've always used Scholastic but are looking for a change. Does anyone use another company at their school?

c&d
05-05-2008, 03:47 PM
We just used Bookends in Winchester, MA. They did a wonderful job, the selection was waayyy better then Scholastic.

AdventurelandTikiGirl
05-06-2008, 10:52 PM
We use Bookends at my school as well, and people seem to be happy with them. It's nice to support a local business as well.

merlinmagic4
05-07-2008, 07:16 AM
Thanks to both of you! Do you know what the profit is and what incentives they offer?

I have to say our BIG incentive from Scholastic is being able to hold a Buy One Get One Free fair in the spring (ours starts tomorrow) and everyone loves it. It has to be a third fair, though, and I think it's getting to be a bit much.

I appreciate the suggestion!

c&d
05-07-2008, 09:51 AM
I'll need to check my records at home. I'm PTO treasurer and I have all the financial info.

I don't know about any other incentives. I'm pretty sure there was.

PrincessEmmasMommy
05-07-2008, 09:00 PM
We host Scholastic fairs every year. You only have to host one in the fall or spring to do the BOGO. We do a fundraising fair in the fall and a BOGO to Thank families for their support and get books into our students' hands for the summer in May each year. Recheck it out with your rep. I think you have been misinformed. Do you work out of the Danbury, CT office too? Our BOGO starts Monday too!
Jen
Teacher and Bookfair Chairperson (6 years of Bookfairs)

c&d
05-12-2008, 04:57 PM
Sorry it took so long to get back to you. We got 25% of the sales.