PDA

View Full Version : every resort booked???

like2workout
05-05-2008, 09:05 AM
i'm planning a trip for 5/15 - 5/19. i called to book yesterday and was told every single value resort is totally booked, and every single moderate resort other than caribbean beach is totally booked. does that sound right to everyone? i'm wondering if i should call back and talk with another person. thanks!

Seasonscraps
05-05-2008, 09:15 AM
I suppose it could be possible. I just checked Expedia out of curiosity and they only showed CB & Fort Wilderness available for a 5/15 check in. There was availability for All Star Movies (and a couple of other resorts) if you check in on the 16th.

Marker
05-05-2008, 09:19 AM
A week away, yeah I can see that.

Although you can always keep trying in hopes there are cancellations.

"Does that sound right", why would they say it if it wasn't true?

cal5755
05-05-2008, 09:19 AM
You could always inquire with Magical Journey's. They are great!! Or you could call back to speak to another cm and see if there have been any cancellations or maybe a missed vacancy.

I know we called about adding to our Grand Gathering before we gave it to Kathy from MJ and they said the only availability was at All Star Sports and Kathy got them in at ASMu.

Good Luck!!

lockedoutlogic
05-05-2008, 09:37 AM
you'll find disney hotels are almost always "completely booked" if you attempt to get one 2 weeks away.....

It's kinda a popular place to go....

KylesMom
05-05-2008, 09:50 AM
Just for grins, I logged onto the WDW Passholder Website, and there is no Value Resort availability whatsoever - Caribbean Beach & Coronado Springs are the mods that are coming up in lieu of Values.

like2workout
05-05-2008, 10:25 AM
thanks everybody! to the comment about, "why would they say that" - the woman i spoke with wasn't very confident with her information and it took her quite a while to do everything. I know they wouldn't just tell me that, but i was thinking maybe she wasn't very experienced and may have missed some things.

thanks again for everyone's help!

wmdaddy
05-05-2008, 12:41 PM
I'll be there the same time. Here's the thing - If just one of those nights is booked solid at a resort and it falls in between your stay (for example, May 17), then the resort will come up as having no availability for any of those days. If you play around with dates a bit, you'll find that there are more openings.

BluewaterBrad
05-05-2008, 06:38 PM
You might get a cancellation, but yes thats about right!:mickey:

OogieBoogieMan
05-05-2008, 07:12 PM
I sent you a private message on this topic.

TheMartellFamily
05-05-2008, 07:24 PM
Try again maybe something will come up.

KylesMom
05-05-2008, 09:38 PM
Remember, too, that A/P & FL Resident rates at the Values were somewhere around $79 / night. That's quite a value for those who are able to take advantage of it!

Nate's Grandpa
05-05-2008, 09:51 PM
I just cancelled two rooms at All Star Music -
5/12 - 5/16.
So yes, keep trying!

like2workout
05-06-2008, 10:02 AM
well folks, i can't thank you enough for all of your information. my original plan was to stay in coronado springs. i'm trying to stay in every disney resort. i booked at caribbean beach since that was the only of the moderates and values that was available. but thanks to your information, i called back today and coronado springs had openings! so i've switched to that one! so, it always pays to keep trying. THANKS very much to everyone for all of your help!

letsdoitagain
05-06-2008, 11:06 AM
That is correct that if even one of your days is unavailable it will come up as booked. I'm fairly confident that's how it works. Also, don't forget that that is a star wars weekend in June so the rooms may be booked up over the weekends in June, but there may be openings during the week days.:mickey: