PDA

View Full Version : Dolphinmickey9170/DisneyWhirled/DWHubby Pre-trip Report

dolphinmickey9170
05-04-2008, 08:49 PM
Well, here we are, another semester almost over (4 more days of class) and another fabulous vacation is upon us. This time, things will be a little different. We are taking this vacation with some friends we met last year at our mini-meet in August. DisneyWhirled (Karen) and DWHubby (John) and their two beautiful children will be joining us for a majority of this trip. We arrive and depart a few days earlier than they do, but a lot of fun has been packed into the time we DO have together.

This has been a very long winter/spring and we are soooooo ready to get out of here and just chill! What....CHILL? ME? In Disney World? How do I chill? I never seem to be able to find downtime at WDW. I have never been one who can sit still for a second. I preplan everything from parktime to meals to pooltime. I know, a bit OCD but that's just how I work. Well, my new friends, John and Karen, are teaching me how to "wing it," so to speak. Karen will show me how to wake up and just decide where to go and what to do that day. Although, I will still tell you what my original plan is for each day, but expect that my trip reports may show something a little different. Can I give up the obsessiveness of planning and just go with the flow? We shall see!

We really need this vacation. Ben has been working so hard just to make this happen. Just as our previous reports have told you, he works as a firefighter for the city and works 2 - 10 hour days and 2 - 14 hour nights, off for 24 hours and then works 3 - 12 hour days and right back into the 4 days again, so he works 7 days in a row. He works so hard, just for us to be able to make so many trips. I work 3 - 12 hour days and go to school 2 days a week. So -- WE NEED A BREAK!! No work, no school, just disney fun. Well, almost no school. Keep reading.

THE CAST
ME - Kristen - 37 - Huge Disney fan - I eat sleep and dream about all things Disney. So fanatical that I drive Ben nuts with my constant talk of disney this and disney that.

DH - Ben - 43 - Fell in love with Disney on his very first trip (for our wedding at the Poly in 2006). He loved it so much, he bought me DVC for our wedding.

DD - Katy - 17 - Loves Disney almost as much as I do. She takes care of our DGD everyday while her mommy (Jenn) works.

DGD - Keara - 19 months - Loves Mickey, Tinkerbell and Pooh.

My last class is actually May 14th, but we have tickets to the Red Sox at Orioles at 3pm. I am craving some Boog's Pit Turkey! YUMMY!! Then early to bed as we have an early day tomorrow.

Thursday, May 15th - We must be out the door by 4am to get to BWI on time, get checked in and through security for our 6:05am flight. We should land @ 8:15am and will head right for DME. Once we get to OKW and check in, we will catch a bus to Blizzard Beach to play two rounds of minigolf at Winter Summerland. Since it's half price for AP holders, why not play both courses. Then we will catch a bus to Beach Club to share a Beaches burger and onion rings. Then we'll head to DtD for Ghirardelli'a ice cream. Then we will take the boat back to OKW to chill (what, did I just say chill?). Garden Grocer should have delivered by now, so we need to get our diapers, diet pepsi and other yummies from bell services. Then we'll head for MK for a little bit until it's time to check in at California Grill just before Wishes. We'll meet up with friends Will and Shannon from the Magic Never Ends podcast. I think after that, we should head for bed. We should be good and exhausted after this long day.

Friday, May 16th - After breakfast in our room, we head for AK. We'll do CS at Yak and Yeti or Flame Tree and just enjoy the park and all it's animal magnetism. Gotta do E:E, FOTLK, and I must see Nemo - We have yet to see this one. Then we'll catch a bus to Epcot. John and Karen arrive this afternoon and are going to LaNouba and hopefully will be able to catch up with us during EMH. Can you believe it, I didn't plan dinner? Hmmm, I must think of something quick.:blush:

Saturday, May 17th - This am, the guys are playing golf at LBV near SSR. They will meet up after breakfast and the girls and kiddies will meet for AM EMH at DHS. We plan on hitting Playhouse Disney as Keara is infatuated with these shows. She sings, dances and laughs everytime the shows are on. We will find CS for a light lunch somewhere then head to the Poly for dinner at O'Hana. Then off to Epcot to wander WS. After Illuminations, we'll take the children to J&K's room at BWV and the adults will head for Jellyrolls. This will be a first for Ben and I so we are really looking forward to some adult time. Something we seem to never be able to find time for. THANK YOU KAREN!!!! You are a genious. We can't stay out too late as we have an early start to the next day.

Continued Below............

dolphinmickey9170
05-04-2008, 08:50 PM
Well.....continued shortly as I just realized haven't made any dinner:blush:. I guess I need to do that. Stay tuned, I will continue this evening!:mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
05-04-2008, 09:54 PM
Sunday, May 18th - We have an early breakfast with J&K at Crystal Palace today and hopefully we can get some great pictures on Main Street with little to no other people around. This is always so cool. We plan on trying to find Captain Jessica Sparrow, if she is working today, in the Emporium. Then we have dinner ressies at The Plaza Restaurant. After dinner we have a mini meet (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=128003)at 8:00 pm in front of the Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street. We will, hopefully, stay together for Spectro, Wishes and EMH til 1am! Another long day. I sure hope all the kids (and adults) don't have a meltdown.:blush:

Monday, May 19th - I must bring my laptop today, so I will rent a locker to store it. Why? you ask do I need to bring my laptop to AK? What in the world could I want or need my computer at a theme park for? You shall see. Today we head for AK. We have never done the discovery trails around the tree, so we must check this out. In the late afternoon, we will head to the GF for 1900 Park Fare dinner. Well, this is where my professor has thrown a monkey wrench into my vacation. This is WHY I need my laptop. Dr. J has rescheduled my final exam on Anatomy and Physiology for today. Well, am I in Baltimore? Nope, not even close. I told him from day 1 that I needed to take my final before I went on vacation. He was okay with that. Now he has decided that moving the date would be better a few days later than originally planned to give us enough time to study. I told him my situation, again, I'll be out of state. He was so accomodating to interupt my vacation with a final exam.:blush: How sweet. So, while John, Karen and their kids, and Ben, Katy and Keara check in to 1900 PF, I'll be sitting on a couch in the GF lobby getting on the internet to take my final exam. My professor will email it to me at 5pm and is giving me 2 hours to email my answers back. I don't intend on taking two hours as I hope to finish in time to get some dinner before my party is finished. Once this has taken place, we will return to AK for EMH!! I love seeing the tree at night all lit up. It is so beautiful. Then, hopefully the pool will be inviting and I'll be in it for quite some time.:D

Tuesday, May 20th - Another early day as we start out at MK for Cinderella's Breakfast. Keara will be dressed in her Cindy finest. John and Karen will have breakfast elsewhere, but will meet up with us later on. We will stay at MK and try to catch the characters in the "tear drop" area in toontown. Thanks to those of you who told me about this. I can't wait. At some point, we will head to Epcot as we have dinner ressies with J&K at LeCellier. MUST HAVE LECELLIER FILET!! Then of course, we must do Illuminations, and I am looking forward to a Viking Coffee in Norway. OOOHHH YUMMY!!

Wednesday, May 21st - Today, we must pack a bag for locker storage. We head to DHS and my goal is to NOT see the gangster scene in the GMR. Isn't there a cowboy scene that has the bank robbers? I have only seen it once, but Ben has never seen it. Actually, I'm not sure John and Karen have seen it either. Can I ask the CM to be placed in the car that gives us that scene? We'll have CS somewhere (any suggestions?) and then check out the new block party. I'll need to empty the locker we rented this morning and head for MK. We have dinner ressies at LTT and then we must change. My family is all dressing up as Pirates for the P&PP. Even Ben is getting involved with a costume. He'll be wearing all black, Katy and I will be pirate wenches and Keara will be pirate baby! look for the pix after we return home.

Thursday, May 22nd - Today is Epcot again, with CS lunch all over the world. Ben would like to attempt the "Beers around the World" challenge, not sure if this will work out. We might have to hold off on this until our August trip. I know our friend Matt will help Ben with this endeavour. Then we have dinner ressies at Kona, not sure if we'll keep it, or just do something else with J&K. Then off to MK. This is our last full day, so as tradition holds, I must end it at MK for Wishes. It always makes me cry, but I just can't stand the last day coming. Don't think about it....just keep happy thoughts....you will be returning again soon.

Friday, May 23rd - We much check out this morning, against my will. I hate this part. We'll leave our bags with bell services and meet up with John and Karen somewhere. We will hit Beaches and Cream and attempt to conquere the Kitchen Sink for lunch. This will be the best lunch during the entire trip. DME should pick us up around 3pm and our flight is at 6pm. We land at 8:20 at BWI and must return home as I have to work the next morning at 7am. UGH! The ONLY good part about coming home is my doggies and kitties will be waiting for us to come in the door.

This will seem like a short vacation as we have another trip already planned out, ADR's and all. The day we return from WDW, we will be down to 79 days before we return again for another mini-meet extravaganza.

I hope I haven't driven you to a coma. We are down to 10 days and we are getting so excited, I thought I would share our fun with you. I will be posting trip reports and pictures upon our return as soon as possible.

Thanks for reading.:mickey:

HndrdPrcnt
05-04-2008, 11:08 PM
WOW!!! Your trip is more extensive than we have planned and we do 10 days because we travel all the way from CA. Sounds like a wonderful time and well planned (even when trying to be more flexible):thumbsup:

wdwgrl377
05-04-2008, 11:37 PM
WOW! That's a great plan you've got there! Can't wait to read all about it! :mickey:

BethieTink
05-05-2008, 09:32 AM
Sounds great!! I thought I was a planner, but you have me beat!! Have a great trip!!!

Maybe we will run into each other since we overlap at OKW for a few days.

Have fun at the game. GO SOX!! We will be down there at the end of the month for the weekend series.

DisneyWhirled
05-05-2008, 11:44 AM
Sounds like fun. Wish I could be there...OH RIGHT!!!! I will be!!!! :)

Can't wait!!

castlelady36
05-05-2008, 04:01 PM
Okay, I thought I was a crazy planner but I think you have me beat!! Sounds like a great time is planned!! Have fun!!

ChipnDaleGal
05-05-2008, 04:42 PM
Your plans look terific! Good luck with all that flexible stuff! :D

Hope you all have a really fun time together. :mickey:

Tigerinvestigator
05-06-2008, 08:50 PM
How bout we meet up on Friday night at Epcot EMH? We are going to the Pirate and Princess party first and then will be headed to Epcot. We will stay until Epcot closes, so if you are going to be there that late we could meet to say hi? I shouldn't be that hard to find because I will be the man with a wife and three daughters pulling me by both arms!:thumbsup: Let me know if you want to and we can set the place.

dolphinmickey9170
05-06-2008, 09:21 PM
How bout we meet up on Friday night at Epcot EMH? We are going to the Pirate and Princess party first and then will be headed to Epcot. We will stay until Epcot closes, so if you are going to be there that late we could meet to say hi? I shouldn't be that hard to find because I will be the man with a wife and three daughters pulling me by both arms!:thumbsup: Let me know if you want to and we can set the place.

How about at Norway's Pavillion for a Viking Coffee? Let me know what time will be good for you. Were you going to be able to make it to our Ice Cream Parlor Meet on the 18th? (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=128003) Let me know.

kakn7294
05-06-2008, 10:38 PM
I really do wish I could be there. Fortunately, I'll see you in August though but unfortunately, John and Karen won't be there. I hope they do their job right and break you of the OCD scheduling!!! You'd better get used to the "go-with-the-flow" attitude girlfriend! Here's one thing I do want you to schedule though - on the 20th when you are at Le Cellier, have a mini birthday party for me okay? Too bad about the test - good luck with it! And have fun at that ballgame - I will of course, be rooting for the Orioles. ;)

dolphinmickey9170
05-06-2008, 10:54 PM
So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!! Awesome. I can and I can't wait for August. If I rush it, I'll miss my May trip. I'll try to let go of my OCDness, I'm guessing Karen will help me. August is gonna be crazy as we have time with you, and some other folks. Hopefully, we can paruse the parks as a group of 14!! FUN FUN FUN.

faline
05-07-2008, 03:38 PM
Sorry you need to interrupt your trip for a test! Your plans looks great and I look forward to reading all about your trip when you return!

Tigerinvestigator
05-07-2008, 03:43 PM
How about at Norway's Pavillion for a Viking Coffee? Let me know what time will be good for you. Were you going to be able to make it to our Ice Cream Parlor Meet on the 18th? (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=128003) Let me know.

We are going home on the morning of the 18th but will meet you in Norway at the Bakery at whatever time you choose.

dolphinmickey9170
05-07-2008, 08:08 PM
We are going home on the morning of the 18th but will meet you in Norway at the Bakery at whatever time you choose.

So sorry to see your trip will be ending. That is always painful for me. The 17th will be awesome!! How about 8pm in Norway?

vizsla
05-08-2008, 05:38 AM
Sounds like you have a wonderful trip planned out. Have a great time and a safe trip.

tinkerbell04
05-13-2008, 02:52 PM
WOW! What a trip you have planned Kristen! Good luck with the final exam! We were just at Camden Yards and I did quite enjoy Boog's Pit Beef! Have a great trip, I can't wait for the pics and final trip reports!:mickey:

Tigerinvestigator
05-13-2008, 08:35 PM
We are here and I am sitting at the AKL typing this. Getting ready for my anniversary dinner in about an hour at Jiko! We won't be at Epcot Friday night, because the P&P Party goes til midnight. IF you want to try a different time for our parties to meet just PM me. Thanks and the crowds are great and weather is perfect right now! (KNOCK ON WOOD).

kakn7294
05-14-2008, 02:45 AM
Hey, good thing I re-read this report or you would have gotten a really rude wake-up call at 4am today. I'm at work and thought you were leaving today so I was going to call you at 4am. My bad... Just don't call me at 4am tomorrow - I'm off and I'll be sleeping!

BluewaterBrad
05-14-2008, 04:43 PM
You are going to be busy!! Have fun!:mickey:

MauiMouse
05-14-2008, 04:58 PM
One more night and you're off. Have a fantastic time on your vacation. :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
05-14-2008, 06:54 PM
Hey, good thing I re-read this report or you would have gotten a really rude wake-up call at 4am today. I'm at work and thought you were leaving today so I was going to call you at 4am. My bad... Just don't call me at 4am tomorrow - I'm off and I'll be sleeping!

I'm glad you re-read it too.:cool: Although, I did have to be up for 6am to check in on line. Too funny! I miss you guys and can't wait for our trip in Aug. Two fun trips with some fabulous people!! YEEHAA!!