PDA

View Full Version : Which water park for a 2 year old?

emmatink
05-04-2008, 06:34 PM
Just wondering which water park my 2, almost 3 year old would enjoy the most? I have not been to either one so I need some input from the experienced ones please:mickey:

magoo1
05-04-2008, 08:32 PM
hi! don't want to be a bummer..but save the money and use the hotel bathtub!

Water parks are dangerous for little ones!

:mickey:

Madame Leona
05-04-2008, 09:13 PM
I don't think that either of the waterparks would be good for someone that little. They are geared more towards older kids and adults. I have a 2 year old and I'm planning on waiting a few years before we take him. All the resorts have nice areas for the little ones to swim and play.

KAT1811
05-05-2008, 11:41 AM
I have 3 DDs (11, 3, and 1) on our last trip they were (10, 2 1/2, and 10 months). My 2 1/2 year old LOVED Blizzard Beach's kiddie area. The park at large is geared towards adults but Disney does a wonderful job with their kiddie areas. There are a few little slides in the area for the little ones. I think my 2 1/2 year old went down them a thousand times! We have taken all of our children at various ages and they have always had a blast. On the way in grab a pail and shovel since they have sand in the area they can dig in. Mom and Dad can trade off riding the big kid slides while the little one enjoys a water park just his/her size! Go and have fun!!!

RockinRollerMom
05-05-2008, 11:52 AM
I am torn about bringing young children to the waterparks. On one hand there are really great kiddie areas at both water parks. (It's been almost 5 years since I've been to Typhon, but If my memory serves me right, I'd give it the edge. Blizzard Beach does have a nice kiddie area too, so I think if you do decide to go either choice would be fine.) My daughter has been a water kid from the start and I know she would have loved the water park at that age.

But on the other hand the water park admission is pricey and I think kids at this age would probably like the hotel pool just as much. You know your child best and if you decide to go I think that you'd have fun at either park.

SBETigg
05-05-2008, 12:06 PM
Blizzard Beach has a great kiddie area. That would be my pick.

MidnTPK
05-05-2008, 02:54 PM
It seems that a few posters forgot that a 2.75 year old does not need a ticket (only after the third birthday does child need a ticket), so the 'save money' comment a few folks have made is moot.

I really liked the Typhoon Lagoon kid area a lot. But the Blizzard Beach one was separate from the younger kids (which have their own area) so it was a little les crazy...so it's six of one, half a dozen of the other.