PDA

View Full Version : Vacation planning

KAT1811
05-04-2008, 04:21 PM
We are making some serious headway in our vacation planning. DH is actively participating in the planning of our visit back to the World. This is his first time assisting in the planning of our WDW vacation! I will admit that I thought I would not be so thrilled at his (what I thought to be) "help". I am however, pleasantly surprised. We are actually enjoying putting our heads together and planning the ultimate family vacation :cloud9:. We are traveling for the first time alone as a family, just DH, the children, and myself. No one outside of DH and I are aware of our impending vacation :secret:. We are going to surprise the children on the day of our departure (maybe we'll surprise the rest of the family too). Two of our children will be celebrating their birthday's :party2: in WDW (DD#2 will turn 4 and DD#3 will turn 2).

I just had to share that!

No onto my real question. DH and I are used to traveling to the World when it is hotter than Hades :flame: . So naturally we bring our summer clothing along. This year we are traveling in November for business reasons and I have to admit (a little tough for a self proclaimed "Disney Pro") that I am quite unsure of the propper attire for this time of year. I have been looking at the historical temperatures :geek: and it looks like we are going to need a mixture of clothing, both summer :sun: and fall :fall:. Am I right? Am I also right to assume that it will be warm enough to swim?

Do the days start off cool, get rather warm, and then cool off again at night? If so does anyone recommend heading back to the resort for a change or bringing a change along with us? Usually we are melting in the heat so this is going to be a new experience for us. I have to say I am looking forward to the cooler temperatures :fan: . Sometimes September is just too hot!

mdhiggin
05-04-2008, 05:24 PM
You just never know what the weather will be in Orlando in the fall/winter months. We went this last December, a couple of days were low 80s, and we swam. The third day was somewhere in the 30s with a horrible wind. We didn't do much that day. I made sure I packed layers for everyone, even long johns. We had checked the weather before we left, and we also checked it every morning before we left our hotel. And don't forget your raincoats. When it's just a little cool, we wear T-shirts with light jackets. If it warms up enough, we just tie our jackets around our waist, so we don't have to carry them. There is just no way to know for sure what the weather will be. We live in South Georgia, so our weather is fairly similar to Florida, and, although it's miserably hot in the summer, you never know the rest of the year what to expect. I check the weather every day here before I dress my kids for school, since it's so unpredictable.

dfamasb
05-04-2008, 05:25 PM
I think you are right on track...bring a variety of clothes and things you can layer. I would recommend a sweatshirt or jacket unless you want to end up buying one when you are freezing, and a hat and lightweight gloves are nice to have also...just in case. You'll be glad you have them when it's cold and windy. The pools are heated so being able to swim is likely unless it's freakishly cold. Perfect time to visit the world, much more tolerable than summer!! Have a great time!