PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Us Decide!

iceicebritney
05-04-2008, 12:14 PM
Okay so we need a little help in deciding where to stay. The All Star resorts (whichever one is available) or Coronado Springs. :confused:

We've stayed at all star a few times before. Once when they first opened (very nice and new), and a few other times since then. We've only stayed at coronado once, for a very short time (2 nights) when it first opened and honestly didn't spend much time at the hotel. We're wondering if we should just stay on the cheaper end and stay at all star again... or do we go back to coronado? We'll be staying for 7 or 8 days - that's another decision that needs to be made! baby steps!

We really like the fact that coronado has a lake with water mice, bike rentals, a gym, and the idea that it seems like more of a resort :D

We also like that Coronado has more than one food option, and a very differnent selction than than the normal chicken fingers and hot dogs - honestly when we stayed at all star we got so sick of eating in that same cafeteria. But yet, when you think about it - you don't spend much time at your hotel, your in the parks most of the time.

It's about a five-hundred dollar difference from All Star to Coronado, and i'm just wondering if its really worth it. I'ver heard a lot about conventions being a problem at Coronado... but Contemporary has a convention center, and i've never even noticed a convention taking place there in all the times i've stayed there. I also know that at the All Star they're tends to be tour groups, high school groups, and just large groups staying in numbers.

We're so conflicted:confused:... please help!

BluewaterBrad
05-04-2008, 12:39 PM
If money is no issue then go value. We stayed for a week last summer at Coronado and had a wonderful trip. The Maya Grill breakfast buffet was a great alternative. We stay in both Values and Mods, but usually stay in the Mods when we plan on spending more time around the resort. When we were there A convention was going on, but it didnt affect a thing. Have fun!:mickey:

BelleLovesTheBeast
05-04-2008, 01:23 PM
I love CSR! It's one of my favorites. We've always had a wonderful experience there. I'd say if money is an issue - then go value. We are trying POP on our next trip so that we can try the DDDP. We want to try some signature restaurants and can't afford to do it if we stay at CSR so....POP it is.

Brainiak5
05-05-2008, 08:38 PM
i would base my decision ( if money isn't a factor) on how much time i would be spending at the parks. if its the parks everyday- i'd go all star. if the parks are a couple of times, i'd go coronado. coronado was the first mod we ever stayed at and the kids were too young to appreciate it at the time. we plan on returning to it at some point, but they love the POP right now- we spend most of our times at the parks and the resort time is primarily just poolside. i think you'll have a great time whichever one you choose :mickey:

iceicebritney
05-06-2008, 11:43 AM
thanks for everyone who has replied so far. you've all brought up interesting points that have made me think...

we primarily spend most of our time at the resort... we do the water parks in the morning with their extra magic hours, then head back to the hotel to be pool side and relax by the bar... then we'll hit our resort arcade and head into the parks around dinner time... so i'd say we spend a good amount of time at the resort and that its important to have a good pool, bar, arcade, and lots of things to keep us busy around the hotel.

has anyone ever had any issues with the pools at either all star or coronado? i do like the fact that coronado has such a large hot tub - all star doesn't have a hot tub, so that's a negative.