PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Tree in Room?

May524
05-04-2008, 12:24 AM
Ok, I'm not sure where to post this, so moderators please move if needed! :mickey:

After watching the Samanta Brown holiday show, I saw that you can get a tree in your room if you are there during the holidays. As we are thinking of going there for Christmas, and it being our son's 1st Christmas, we are interested in this. Does anyone know how much this costs? Has anyone done this? Were you satisfied? How do I go about ordering this?

TIA! :D

Dsnygirl
05-04-2008, 01:11 AM
:tree: Hi! I don't know how much the trees are that you can get delivered, but I think I've heard they can get pretty pricey. For that reason, this is what we're doing this year, if you're interested!

I found two small collapsible trees at the store last year after Christmas for .50 cents each. I will put one up on our table in the room, the other on the armoir that holds the TV. I got some Disney Christmas fabric and cut tree skirts for them, and I got a string of multi-colored lights for each, as well. Then I ordered small Disney ornaments for each that I've put away in a box. All of this stuff will fit in a large suitcase with a few other decorations, gifts and sweatshirts -- and once we've used them during our trip, I will pack up the ornaments to bring home and leave the trees/lights behind for someone else to use. It doesn't feel bad to leave behind $5 worth of stuff, it opens up a suitcase for souveneirs, and it probably saves us over $75 on an ordered/delivered tree we'd never get home from Disney, anyway!

Just my idea -- take it or leave it -- but if it helps at all, great! I know a lot of people do similar stuff, so I'm sure others will be along with more ideas soon!! :santa3:

DizneyRox
05-04-2008, 06:43 AM
I think from a revious thread we came up with the tree costing somewhere around $350 or so. Maybe I'm wrong, I'll have to do a search and see if I can dig it up...

Found it (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=121846): $!40 for a 24" tall tree, of $360 for a 4 footer. Last years pricing remember (which means it will be more this year)

#1donaldfan
05-04-2008, 09:21 AM
I really like the idea above...we may just do the same thing.....the trees ordered are very, very pricey....I'd rather use that money on other things....but in that price are there not several souveniers on the trees......:confused:

TammiMcMan
05-04-2008, 10:26 AM
You may want to keep an eye on the Disney florist website. They're the ones who do the specialty Christmas trees. As has been mentioned though, they do not come cheaply. Last years design was based on the Year of a Million Dreams. I can't find a picture, but it was beautiful. It comes in a stand, with lights, a tree topper and the decorations. You can also make arrangements to have the tree shipped back to your home.

If I remember correctly, the designs are usually available by the end of summer.

Kairi_7378
05-04-2008, 10:41 AM
Blythe, I'd love to see pictures of your trees when you post your trip reports in December! They sound really cute.

big blue and hairy
05-04-2008, 03:15 PM
DW and I always take decorated table top tree. We also put stockings on the entertainment center, and some decorations on the window.

:sulley:

Dsnygirl
05-04-2008, 04:54 PM
Blythe, I'd love to see pictures of your trees when you post your trip reports in December! They sound really cute.
I'll try to remember to post some -- thanks! I'm also going to make a "Mickey wreath", but that I may take back home with me... I'm bringing 1 10" evergreen wreath and 2 8" and wiring them together to make a Mickey head... it's an idea I got from another Intercotee who went last Christmas, and hers was really cute!! She hung it in the window... :thumbsup:

McGoofy
05-04-2008, 05:39 PM
Last year we had a small fiber optic Disney tree and few other Christmas decorations that we placed in our window. We saw so many room windows and doors that were decorated so cute for Christmas. Some people even had lights strung around their room windows. I think the Disney trees are definitely out of my price range, but the next time that I go for Christmas again, I will definitely take more room, door, and window Christmas decor with me.

P.S Thanks to the poster that shared the Mickey wreath idea! I love that.

jillluvsdisney
05-04-2008, 06:08 PM
I brought my own small table top tree with some tiny lights and ornaments when we were at WL in 2002. I left it there when we departed. I hope the next guest was able to enjoy it too.

Bethis26fan
05-04-2008, 06:17 PM
We have one of the little foot and half disney trees they sale. (ours was tink) then we put disney stockings up and decorated the window and the bathroom mirrors. We did it all for less than $30.00 it was really cute.

McGoofy
05-04-2008, 08:40 PM
I'm curious to know if Housekeeping actually leaves items in the room that people leave behind? I've seen a few people mention that they leave things for the next guests, and I think that is an awesome gesture.:mickey: However, does anybody know if Houskeeping actually keeps them in the room? I know that in the past when we left something, we were contacted with a postcard that allowed us to claim our item from lost and found. (Mind you, it was not Christmas decorations, so that's a different story.) Would Housekeeping think that the Christmas items were accidentally left behind and put them in lost & found, or for that matter take them down in case it could possibly be offensive to the next guest, or maybe take them down to show that the room had been thoroughly cleaned, etc... There could be different reasons why they might take them down. Has anybody ever walked into a room that was possibly decorated by the previous guest? I think it would be cool to walk into a decorated room, but I just wondered what the Disney policy was on that.

Nini
05-04-2008, 08:51 PM
I'm curious to know if Housekeeping actually leaves items in the room that people leave behind? I've seen a few people mention that they leave things for the next guests, and I think that is an awesome gesture.:mickey: However, does anybody know if Houskeeping actually keeps them in the room?

That's a good question! I've seen these posts too, and never thought about what happens next.

Denise :mickey:

DizneyRox
05-04-2008, 09:07 PM
I would imagine it makes it's way to the trash compactor. You can't leave items like that for the next guest. They may not celebrate Christmas, they may be allergic, etc. I would probably be on the phone right away if I walked into a room with someone elses tree. First to make sure it was the right room, next to get it taken away, I'm not sure where it's been.

TammiMcMan
05-04-2008, 09:29 PM
Rooms are cleaned completely after each guest leaves. Nothing is left setup in the room.

Nini
05-04-2008, 10:26 PM
Rooms are cleaned completely after each guest leaves. Nothing is left setup in the room.

Yeah, that's what I would think. It's too bad though for the people who think they are doing something nice.

I have also heard where some people arrange ahead of time to share trees (or other decorations) with guests staying either right before or right after them. That could work!

Denise :mickey:

TammiMcMan
05-04-2008, 10:43 PM
I have also heard where some people arrange ahead of time to share trees (or other decorations) with guests staying either right before or right after them. That could work!Yes, I can say from experience that this does work. We stayed at the YC a few weeks before Christmas and had a tree and some decorations. Instead of bringing them home, I packed them all up and left them at the front desk for a family that was checking in later that day. I just had to note the name that was on their reservation. It worked out well.

offwego
05-05-2008, 08:49 AM
What would you use to hang somethng in the window? (I'm craft challenged but think even I could manage this)

TammiMcMan
05-05-2008, 10:09 AM
What would you use to hang somethng in the window? (I'm craft challenged but think even I could manage this)Suction hooks work well and they don't leave any marks.

katzctkpt
05-05-2008, 01:09 PM
We'll be there 2 days after Christmas. I would love to purchase one the Disney trees but, can't see paying $300 or more for one. Do they ever put them on clearance?

TammiMcMan
05-05-2008, 02:35 PM
We'll be there 2 days after Christmas. I would love to purchase one the Disney trees but, can't see paying $300 or more for one. Do they ever put them on clearance?No, they're made to order. They do sometimes offer a smaller style in the $140 range.

"SULLEY "RULES!!
05-06-2008, 08:54 PM
My husband and I decorated our room last November for the holidays at the POP and this year we'll do the same Nov.24th thru Dec.5th at our favorite value resort POP CENTURY. Have fun decorating your rooms.:deer:

Coach P
05-07-2008, 10:32 PM
Last Christmas we stayed at POFQ (me, DW, parents, aunt & uncles). We wanted to suprise everyone so we purchaced 3 small trees from Michaels ( they were like 7 buck each) lights and bulbs and mailed them ups to the resort ahead of time. When we got there we had the box delivered to the room and invited everyone to the room and suprised the with their own tree and ornaments and lights. Everyone enjoyed it.

Yes we did leave the tree and ornaments there but brought home the lights.

One major thing to remember to bring is an extension cord since the outlet is usually a couple feet away.

We are going again this year and are planning on doing the same thing again.:ornament:

Mousemates
05-08-2008, 10:33 AM
I'd definitely bring my own tree or go to walgreens near DD and buy a little cheapo as well as a string of lights...but whatever route you go, be sure to decorate for Christmas. It's a great way to "plus" an already magical time to be at Disney.