PDA

View Full Version : special/Discounted summer rates?

Grumpys Crew
05-03-2008, 10:06 AM
Does anyone know of any summer special codes and/or discount rates at disney resorts? Anything such as AAA or Florida Resident rates for the allstars or pop??

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
05-03-2008, 10:51 AM
I booked with Magical Journes for the first week in Aug. Kathy said there were no deals for the summer right now but she will keep a watch out. She then preceded to tell me discounts for summer season are rare but we will keep our fingers crossed. Never say never but certainly do not count on it.

Strmchsr
05-03-2008, 12:08 PM
Remember, discounts are issued for Disney's benefit, not yours. They aren't trying to save you money. They're trying to get more people to fill up resorts. So, during the heavy summer crowd season when they are booked no matter what they have absolutely no incentive to release discounts. During this time a AAA package is about the best you can probably do.

OTmomof3
05-03-2008, 09:42 PM
I actually received an email with a pin for a discounted room rate good for the dates of our upcoming July trip. I contacted Karen at MJ and she was able to apply it to our existing reservation. I'm not sure why they sent it, but I'm glad they did. We saved $400!:party:

Love the Mouse!
05-03-2008, 10:34 PM
I also received an e-mail from Disney for $154 the night at a Moderate for dates that included July 2008. I e-mailed Kathy at MJ and she was able to applied it to my reservation. Saved $360 at POR! :thumbsup:

busterthebronco
05-04-2008, 10:14 AM
Wow! DW and I are going the end of may and we keep calling reservations to see if the discounts have come out and they tell us not yet. Should we contact mj instead? what do you suggest we do to try and get an email like yours?

Love the Mouse!
05-04-2008, 03:41 PM
Wow! DW and I are going the end of may and we keep calling reservations to see if the discounts have come out and they tell us not yet. Should we contact mj instead? what do you suggest we do to try and get an email like yours?

I think that registering at Disney.com and and asking for the planning DVD helps a lot, also, we saved a couple of vacation packages at Disney.com as templates with the dates that we are traveling. I believe those things triggered the e-mail. Never hurt to try it. Good Luck!!! :thumbsup: