PDA

View Full Version : Le Cellier Dinner

peterbiltchic2000
05-03-2008, 09:10 AM
Is the Le Cellier a good place to eat? And is it under the dinning plan? would I need to make reservations. :mickey:

WeLoveTheMouse
05-03-2008, 09:27 AM
LeCellier is my favorite Disney restaurant. :chef: It is on the dining plan, and you definitely need reservations. We are going in Sept during free dining, and at first I couldn't get an ADR. DH and I each called every few days hoping for a cancellation, and a couple of days ago we finally got a reservation!!! :thumbsup:

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
05-03-2008, 11:03 AM
Ditto! This is also our favorite place! It is on the DDP and feels like a bargain because of the great food and service we get every time. You need ressies 180 days out if possible as it is the second hardest ressie to get after Cindy'e castle. Otherwise you have to cross your fingers for a cancellation or eat at like 8 at night. It is a must do for us every time!

brewcrew26
05-03-2008, 12:39 PM
We dined at Le Cellier for the first time during our honeymoon last month. It was absolutely fabulous! And, since it was on the DDP, it was even better!

The food was excellent. DH raves about his mushroom filet. While I really enjoyed the strip steak. The desserts are also excellent. But the highlight for us was the Canadian beer cheese soup.

If you'd like, you can check for a review I wrote about it: http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=131928

DISFREAKS
05-03-2008, 02:08 PM
another vote here for Le Cellier!!:thumbsup:
DW and I ate there on our 20th anniversary trip and it was the best meal of the trip.
It was also a great deal with the DDP. Without it our bill would have been $120.00 for 2 people.

KineGirl
05-03-2008, 02:15 PM
Im going to have to be an oddball here and say that Le Cellier is ok I wouldnt NOT go there but its not somewhere Id go out of my way to go either. I like more of a Bistro or Chefs/Cali Grill/Jiko type menu. To me Le Cellier is alot like food we make at home (steak & fish) or any number of decent steak houses on the coast. The cheese soup is very good.

johnsouthjersey
05-03-2008, 09:19 PM
You didn't say when you were going, but regardless, it is one of the more difficult ADRs to get. If you intend to go, book it as soon as you are allowed to. Our family ate there last summer and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The kids and my wife gave their Le Cellier steaks a slight edge over the ones they had earlier that week at California Grill. I called it a draw between the two, really enjoyed the filet mignon at both places.

Maleficent's Dad
05-03-2008, 09:29 PM
Le Cellier has become, apparently, the second most sought after ADR - with Cindy's being first. So if you're really interested in dining there, you best make ADR's, and on the first day possible! :mickey:

BelleLovesTheBeast
05-04-2008, 01:19 PM
We will be trying it on our next vacation. We made ADRs at our 180 day mark and all they had available was lunch. On our prior trip we couldn't get one and I called 5 months out. I'd say make ADRs as soon as you can for Le Cellier.

laward32
05-05-2008, 12:41 PM
LeCellier is awesome!!! We've only eaten there once, but only because it is so popular that we couldn't get a rezzie. You will definately need to call at your 180 day window, first thing in the morning. It is supposedly the second hardest place to get a rezzie, behind Cinderella's Castle. It is definately worth it if you can get in. Also, it is on the dining plan.:mickey:

DisneyDudet
05-05-2008, 02:13 PM
We called about 155 days out, and go Dinner, during free dining, for the time we wanted, day we wanted. Granted, we like to eat dinner early (my dad has a condition where we need to eat early), so I would attribute it to that.

If you would like to eat late or early, you might have a better chance of snagging an ADR, but I wouldn't count on it. Lunch is easier to get into, but you lose a lot of good menu items.

The more flexible you are, the better chance you will get.

It is a great place to eat. It is pretty small, which is what makes it so hard to get into.

Let us know what you get!

Mrs.Mickey
05-05-2008, 02:26 PM
Le Cellieris my favorite disney restaurant aside from chef mickey's ( who doesnt like having dinner with mickey) You NEED to make reservations asap! They are so hard to get. We changed our minds about where we wanted to go on epcot day and tried to switch to Le Cellier and ended up with lunch instead of dinner. Good luck!

AdventurerKim
05-05-2008, 02:58 PM
Eat at Le Cellier and do make ADR's. It fills up fast with ADR's and walk-in's, especially at dinner. YUM!! :thumbsup:

TBY2225
05-05-2008, 04:41 PM
Le Cellier is hands down my favorite WDW resturant and a must do every trip! DH and I were lucky enough to snag a walk up while we were there in Jan, and we thought we had struck gold! Going again in September with our friends and we can't wait!

mdricks
05-05-2008, 04:52 PM
Its not the best restaurant on property, not even the best at EPCOT. But you certainly should go if you can. The food is superlative, the atmosphere a little crowded but very relaxed, the service is usually good and the menu choices are broad enough to make everybody happy and nothing is a big stretch for the western palate. You will be full at the end of dinner so dont plan on any strenuous activities immediately following. The beer cheese soup is as good as everyone says and the steaks are are excellent quality. With kids, make sure you get the Chocolate Mousse. My kids were 3 and 6 last time we ate there and they both still remember the dessert.:chef:

Natazu
05-05-2008, 08:35 PM
Worth the title of Signature Dining, Le Cellier is still 1 credit on the Dining Plan. Chedder Cheese Soup you can’t get enough of, perfectly cooked duck, & fork-tender mushroom filet mignon makes you forget you’re dining in a room full of Canadians. They no longer have their signature Maple Crème Brûlée but who has room for dessert after all those carbs.

pogo
05-05-2008, 08:46 PM
Worth the title of Signature Dining, Le Cellier is still 1 credit on the Dining Plan. Chedder Cheese Soup you can’t get enough of, perfectly cooked duck, & fork-tender mushroom filet mignon makes you forget you’re dining in a room full of Canadians. They no longer have their signature Maple Crème Brûlée but who has room for dessert after all those carbs.

Very well put ! :D

Natazu
05-05-2008, 08:47 PM

Copied it from Frommer's

Mickey'sGirl
05-06-2008, 12:25 PM

Copied it from Frommer's
You can tell because we're the one's using silverware. ;) I don't believe the Canadian's are the ones dining there, however. I think this restaurant was designed with an American consumer in mind. The Canadian's are all over in Morocco! :D