PDA

View Full Version : Would you pay for just one day?

AirlineGuy07
05-03-2008, 09:06 AM
We will be in Orlando next week and taking my family to Sea World for one day however im know whats going to happen when I get down there. I am going to be so close to the Disney Parks that I am going to get the itch to go to one of the parks. Would you pay $200.00 (2 adults and 1 child and an infant) just to go to one park for a day? I have a panic attact thinking about paying that much money. On the other hand I want to go so bad.

Strmchsr
05-03-2008, 09:24 AM
Well, it depends on how often you get down that way. If you're near Orlando fairly often I wouldn't do it, but if this is a pretty rare trip, 1 day in the World is better than none!

BW Fan
05-03-2008, 09:32 AM
simple question, simple answer - YES :thumbsup:

JMTStone
05-03-2008, 09:34 AM
If you're planning on going back soon, why don't you do the link at the left where it says "buy theme park/attraction tickets" and look at multiple date/no expiration tickets. That way you can save money on single day tickets by buying bulk.

This way you'll also have an excuse to go back.

KineGirl
05-03-2008, 09:36 AM
My parents live in Orlando (my Mom works at the House of the Mouse) so they thought they would deviate from all Mickey all the time (blasphemy if u ask me) and go to Sea World yesterday. My Mom emailed me all excited that she was going and then 4 hours later I got another email from her that they were back. She said there was only 2 adult type rides open - one was Atlantis and most of the rest were closed for refurb. They loved the Shamu and otter shows. I asked her if it was worth it as we were thinking of going there one day during our trip this summer. She said she wasnt sure.... she did like the shows but didnt think overall it was worth the $67 (she obviously bought at the gate :ack:) to go back. She said they did everything they wanted to do in 3 hours! eek!

Since youre going next week this info is probably relevant regarding rides. If you were going later it may not. However, If it were me and I had to make a choice, given what my Mom has told me - Id go to WDW/MK next week. At least there you KNOW you will ride rides, see shows, see fireworks, see Mickey, etc..

Hope this helps

*goofy'sgirls*
05-03-2008, 09:48 AM
To be honest I undestand the hesitation. But let's look at the pros and cons. Seaworld is great and all but like someone else posted 3 hrs and you've seen all worth seeing. Why not splurge and know that ur getting ur moneys worth? At MK u know ur gonna go on MANY rides enjoy parades and fireworks. Plus all the extras like character meets. Go for it!

Patty
05-03-2008, 10:06 AM
If you're planning on going back soon, why don't you do the link at the left where it says "buy theme park/attraction tickets" and look at multiple date/no expiration tickets. That way you can save money on single day tickets by buying bulk.

This way you'll also have an excuse to go back.

exactly what I was thinking. If you have the extra funds and you can do this I would say go for it. The best part of it is when you plan your next trip to Disney, the park tickets are already paid for! If you aren't in a position to buy bulk right now, I would still take advantage of the day at the park. Of course this is coming from someone who just doesn't get the chance to get there often enough. We were in Tampa once for a wedding, and we had one day left on our old tickets, so we went for it. It was exhausting, we hopped from park to park, and hit all our favorites, but we loved every minute of it.
Another thing to check into is how busy the parks may be when you are there. If you are only going to be able to do a couple of things because of the lines, then the expense may not be worth it.

luvdiznee
05-03-2008, 10:14 AM
Personally, I would do it. I would just hate to come that close and not go at all. :mickey:

PiratesCove
05-03-2008, 10:22 AM
Um....YYYEEESSSSS! I would even pay the extra amount to park hop for one day! Yes, I'm that crazy! ;o)