PDA

View Full Version : All Star Sports?

Going2HeavenRU
05-03-2008, 08:05 AM
I have stayed at the All Star Music once and twice at the Pop Century. I love the Pop Century but have to stay at the All Star Sports to get the free dining in Sept.
I was wondering how the All Star Sports is compared to the Pop Century? On the website it appears the Sports only has one pool whereas the Pop has 3. Is there more than one pool?
One more question, how are the buses going to the parks? With Pop, you don't have to share the buses with the other hotels. I remember the buses from Music had to stop at the Sports to and from the parks which made the trips longer each day.

Strmchsr
05-03-2008, 08:27 AM
Sports has 2 pools - one in front of Surf's Up and one in front of Home Run.

Sports does share buses with Music, but pick up and drop off is first at Sports. Also, Pop has become a lot more popular so it's generally more crowded than Sports.

Going2HeavenRU
05-03-2008, 08:32 AM
Thank you for your quick response!

MickeyMomof2
05-03-2008, 10:13 AM
We stayed at Sports last September and had a great stay. Most of the time, we had buses that were for Sports only. Once, when leaving DHS, we shared a bus with movies, but we were dropped off first.

When we were there, they were resurfacing the Surf's Up pool. Even with only the baseball pool open, it was not crowded.

I would recommend asking for the Touchdown building. It is next to the main building with the food court, and it is also between the Surf's Up pool and the baseball pool. It is a great location, but it is not considered preferred.

Have a great trip!

MickeyMomof2
05-03-2008, 10:14 AM
I meant to say that we shared a bus with Music once, not Movies.

GoofysGirl
05-03-2008, 10:38 AM
We stayed at Sports in 2005. My DS age 8 and my DD age 4 loved it! We were in the Touchdown Bldg & it is very close to everything. The rooms were clean and fine for 2 adults & 2 kids. We did share buses but Sports get dropped off first. Have fun - we did!:mickey:

Belle1217
05-03-2008, 11:15 AM
We stayed in the Sports in 2006 and loved it. We were there 6 nights and never shared the bus with one of the other All- Star resorts. The pools are great we went to both. They were never really crowed. My DS5 and DD7 LOVED it. Have a great time. :mickey:

iceicebritney
05-04-2008, 12:25 PM
I too am in this situation since the free dining plan has cause Pop to become completely booked it seems:( (we love pop!)

Sports is honestly just as nice as Pop, minus the sharing buses thing, and don't worry the pools at sports are a good size:D.