PDA

View Full Version : Mediterranean/European Cruise?

Ariel87
05-02-2008, 11:37 PM
I was watching something on the Travel Channel about Disney Cruise Line and I heard something about a Mediterranean or European cruise? I'm getting married in 2011 and we would LOVE to go on a trans-Atlantic Disney cruise for our honeymoon, but nowhere on the Disney website can I find anything like that. I saw some reviews on other websites about people who have traveled on a trans-Atlantic Disney cruise and I'm sorta confused... Anybody know anything? I'm just kinda trying to get a reality check on prices and where they port and whatnot. We know it's probably going to be expensive but we're willing to wait to get what we want. Anything info that anyone has heard would be helpful!! Thanks so much!! =)

Pixie Power
05-03-2008, 12:16 AM
The Disney Magic was repositioned for the summer in `07 in the Med. My DH and I were lucky enough to go on one of the 11-Night sailings while it was there.

There is a 'rumor' going around that when the 2 new Disney ships debut that one may be stationed over there permanently, but nothing concrete as of yet. :thumbsup:

HTHs! :mickey:

GusNJacque
05-03-2008, 10:31 PM
I am still kicking myself for not going last summer. It will NOT happen again if they do the cruise again. :nono:

Do we know when the new ships are scheduled to debut? :huh:

DisneyDudet
05-04-2008, 02:10 PM
Last summer, they did have the Magic stations over in the Med. They had the repositioning (transatlantic) cruises, which they did twice (once going and once coming back), then they had the cruises in the Mediterranean, where you had to fly there and fly back.

There's rumors that it will happen again, maybe when the new ships are finished, or even before, in the summer of 2010.

I believe the new ships will be finished anywhere between 2010-2012.

GusNJacque
05-05-2008, 09:16 PM
Thanks for the info Morgan.

Pixie Power
05-05-2008, 09:44 PM
I am still kicking myself for not going last summer. It will NOT happen again if they do the cruise again. :nono:

Do we know when the new ships are scheduled to debut? :huh:

So sorry you didn't get in on the action there last summer. I highly recommend it when they do it again. :thumbsup: We went last summer just DH & I b/c we thought our youngest was still too young to really enjoy/appreciate it. But we're definitely planning on taking them when it happens again, possibly w/ the grandparents too. The grandmothers at the very least if we can't convince the grandpas. :lol:

Mulan
05-06-2008, 07:48 AM
We looked into going last summer. I thought the price of the cruise was very reasonable. It was the airfare for four that got me.

Next time we will go. If the rumors are right with the dates, then I'll have one child in high school and the other in grade school.

TheDuckRocks
05-06-2008, 10:04 AM
You might want to try the Cruise Critic website they have tons of info about cruising. But be aware of the fact that they tend to not always "play nice" over there.
After cruising with Disney we are completely addicted to cruising. We are doing a 10 night New England/Canada cruise in Sept. this year and then in Oct/Nov of 2009 we are doing a 12 night Western Med followed back to back with a 16 night transatlantic crossing. Unforuantely neither of these are with Disney as they don't have this kind of itineraries at this time.