PDA

View Full Version : Mousefest Dec 2008

misseeyore
05-02-2008, 11:12 PM
I'll be heading to the world Dec 10- 15 2008 for Mousefest 2008. I'll be taking my first solo trip, does anyone have any suggestions or hints for a solo traveler? :mickey:

TikiGoddess
05-10-2008, 07:32 AM
Enjoy being able to do ANYTHING that you want, at any time! I've done 2 solo trips, and while I love going with my family, it's a totally different vacation when you're by yourself.

Talk to people in line! You'll meet some of the nicest people. I did make up a story about 'meeting up with friends later' so that I didn't attract attention to my solo status, just for safety purposes.

Since you're going to Mousefest, you will find other solo travelers and perhaps be able to tag along with them if you want. When I was on my first solo trip, I was riding AstroOrbiter and met this nice lady with her nephew (8 ish). She invited me to spend the morning with them but I declined. It was nice to have the option though!

I've been trying to talk my husband into letting me go to Mousefest but since we're planning a long trip next year it doesn't look good...

TikiG

Katzateer
05-13-2008, 07:10 AM
I have been to WDW solo once and it was a different kind of a trip-not in a bad way, just not the same as with family or friends. The one thing I missed was being able to share something I found interesting with someone-I used my cell phone if I had to share.

I planned it the same and included my favorite places to eat, etc. It was nice to be able to wander around and do what I wanted to do without worrying about the plans of others.

You will have a great time and find lots of interesting people to talk to.

Have a great trip!:mickey:

Donalds Duckie
05-15-2008, 09:02 PM
First, WELCOME TO INTERCOT!

I do WDW solo most of the time and I love it! In fact, I'll be solo at CBR Dec. 10-17. :cloud9: Just let me know if you want to meet up during MouseFest.

As TikiGodess metioned, take advantage and ENJOY being able to do what you want, when you want. I have dear friends that live in Orlando and we always meet up once or twice during a week's stay but I always leave plenty of time to relax and enjoy Disney however I choose for that trip.

Plan just what YOU want to do, make ADRs for where YOU want to dine, etc. Have fun with it. And, remember, you can change your mind in a flash without consulting anyone. You can ride your favorite attraction 3 times if you like, or not ride your not-so-favorite attractions. Plan this trip to flow with your style, your sleep patterns, your dining preferences, etc.

It has been my personal experience traveling solo that CMs and even other guests more readily engage me in conversation. Folks won't always interject into a group conversation but don't mind striking up a conversation with a solo traveler.:cool: Sometimes another guest asks a question or for directions and conversation continues. I had breakfast one morning at Concourse Steakhouse and the CM waiting on my table offered to meet up for a few rides when she learned I was not there for the convention but traveling solo.

I've always had a great time solo. As already mentioned, it is "different" than doing Disney with friends and family but it's still a ton of fun. It's just different.

Are you planning to join any other Disney community meets during MouseFest? There are always quite a few singles at MouseFest and all Disney communities are happy to have folks join their meets.

Have a great trip! Maybe I'll see you there.:mickey:

JPL
05-20-2008, 10:38 AM
I am up in the air about Mousefest this year mostly due to higher than average airfare. I will have to wait to see if all the stars align for me airfare, AP rates for room, and being able to get a few days off from work before I decide. I have done many solo trips and all I can say is they are great you just relax and do what you want to do. You eat when you are hungry, you shop when you want to shop, etc. If I do attend Mousefest I would love to meet up with some of you and I'm sure there will be some sort of Intercot planned meet.

MMouse6937
05-27-2008, 11:32 AM
I'm also thinking of Mousefest this year by myself!! It's kind of a scary proposition but I so want to go to Mousefest and I think DH would be bored to tears! I would love to meet up with some people. Can't wait! :number1:

divinedi
06-14-2008, 11:57 PM
Okay, I was thinking of going around that time in December, and pardon my ignorance, but what is Mousefest? Thanks!

BronxTigger
06-15-2008, 10:03 AM
I am up in the air about Mousefest this year mostly due to higher than average airfare. I will have to wait to see if all the stars align for me airfare, AP rates for room, and being able to get a few days off from work before I decide. I have done many solo trips and all I can say is they are great you just relax and do what you want to do. You eat when you are hungry, you shop when you want to shop, etc. If I do attend Mousefest I would love to meet up with some of you and I'm sure there will be some sort of Intercot planned meet.

I got $208 round trip + tax for that weekend out of JFK and into LGA on JetBlue. I was surprised it was so low; it's actually the lowest I've paid for round trip tickets (usually I find $250+tax r/t). Now I just hope they don't cancel my flights, change the times, add $800 in random creative fees....

JPL
07-11-2008, 08:37 PM
I just booked a flight using Frequent Flyer miles :thumbsup: Grand Total of $5 :D Now to get a room :mickey:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-14-2008, 11:42 AM
Not that some of us don't know what it is, because I certainly do.....:blush:

But for those who don't, what exactly is Mousefest?

JPL
07-15-2008, 10:42 PM
Mousefest is a large gathering of the different Inernet Fan Communities at WDW. It's an annual event that takes place every December.

For more information check out www.mousefest.org

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-16-2008, 10:07 AM
See, I knew that. :blush: