PDA

View Full Version : Man Jumps from 14th Floor of Disneyland Hotel

MegaDisney
05-02-2008, 08:36 PM
ANAHEIM, Calif. (Map, News) - Police say a man is dead after jumping from the 14th floor of the Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim.

Sgt. Rick Martinez said the man jumped around 11 a.m. Friday from his balcony on the hotel's south tower.

Martinez says an investigation is under way, but all indications are the death was a suicide.

He would not say if a suicide note was found in the room.

Martinez says the man was in Anaheim on business and was sharing the room with a male co-worker.

The hotel is just blocks from Disneyland and California Adventure and attracts theme park visitors.

Aurora
05-02-2008, 08:44 PM
How utterly horrific.

MegaDisney
05-02-2008, 08:48 PM
ANAHEIM Authorities say a man jumped to his death Friday morning from the 14th floor of the Disneyland Hotel.

The man was staying at the hotel while on business. He shared the room with a work colleague.

Anaheim police were called to the area below the south tower of the hotel at 1127 Magic Way at 11:04 a.m., where the body of the man, initially estimated to be in his 30s or 40s, was lying on a walkway, said Anaheim police Sgt. Rick Martinez.

"He went out on the balcony and intentionally leapt," Martinez said.

"Based on what we have seen so far, it looks like an intentional act."

He declined to say if a note was left behind.

"We're not getting into specifics of what we found," he said.

Martinez said he believes the man was from within the state.

As to whether he was in Anaheim for a convention or business meeting or how long he had been in the room, Martinez said, "We haven't gotten that deep into confirming anything."

MegaDisney
05-02-2008, 08:49 PM
Local News Video (http://cbs2.com/local/Suicide.Man.Dies.2.714820.html)

Apparently this was the Wonder Tower.

I cannot put into words how sad this is.

My thoughts are with his family and any witnesses to this horrible event.

Goofster
05-02-2008, 09:15 PM
Thanks goodness he didn't land on anybody.

dfamasb
05-02-2008, 09:32 PM
I saw this on tmz early this afternoon but couldn't find it elsewhere to confirm. Guess it turned out to be true...how tragic :(

BrerGnat
05-02-2008, 10:44 PM
My gosh...I am so upset by this.

I was literally just in that spot yesterday around the same time with my 3 year old. We were just having fun exploring the DLH and the Paradise Pier (he likes hotels). There was a huge convention going on that began yesterday (VM something or other). We walked from the DLH to Paradise Pier and then back to the DL Hotel and cut through that parking lot, and passing through the Wonder tower lobby on our way. Although this is a horrible thing to happen, I'm glad it didn't happen yesterday...or we may have had to witness it.

I was in DCA, Paradise Pier, this morning on the fireboat (SS Rustworthy) with my other son, who is 2, and heard the sirens. He is very tuned into sirens, as he loves firetrucks, and when we heard them, I said to him "uh oh...that sounds like a firetruck or ambulance...I hope nobody got hurt."

On our way out (via Downtown Disney), I saw a CBS news van pulling into the DLH. I wondered why...

So sad. :( I literally feel sick inside. What a horrible thing for his family/friends to have to deal with.

Prayers to all who knew him, as well as for his unfortunate co-worker, who is said to have been in the room at the time. :(

tinkwest
05-03-2008, 10:31 AM
... Although this is a horrible thing to happen, I'm glad it didn't happen yesterday...or we may have had to witness it. ...

My thoughts were similar. As sad as this is for the man, his family, and his friends, I was relieved to see that it was in an area less traveled by guests. Had it been in the common area surrounding the pool or the DTD side it could have had an effect on so many people.

BluewaterBrad
05-04-2008, 05:53 PM
Unbelievable.

Disney-4-Me
05-05-2008, 04:03 PM
:( Too sad.....