PDA

View Full Version : Rose & Crown Dining Opinions Needed

Becca
05-02-2008, 07:05 PM
Hi everyone,

On our up coming trip most of my family wants to try the Rose & Crown Pub. My older daughter is very unsure of this, She is sure she will not find anything she likes. I have looked on a Web-Site with a lot of different menu's but it was not very specific on the Menu at The Rose & Crown. Would some of you please share with me what you have eaten & your opinions of the food.

Thank you so much
Becca:

hooberry
05-02-2008, 07:40 PM
:unsure:I was not impressed with rose and crown. I did have the traditional fish and chips, which left a lot to be desired (like flavor). I also had an assortment of fruit and cheeses, one of the cheeses was so strong I don't think I was able to get taste of FEET out of my mouth for the whole day:ack::ack: and Yourkshire pudding is NOT, let me repeat NOT pudding at all.:secret:

Natazu
05-02-2008, 09:03 PM
The Samosas are excellent, so is the lump crab appetizer. For an entree, I always get the fish & chips. It's the best. I also love the lamb and the grilled orange chicken. The only dessert I've had is the Scotch Chocolate Cake and it was awesome.

Jeff
05-02-2008, 09:23 PM
My family loves the fish and chips at the R&C.

Jared
05-02-2008, 09:43 PM
Becca, I am sending you a Private Message.

:tasty:

mrsgaribaldi
05-03-2008, 09:49 AM
We've had this: Ploughman's Lunch - sliced beef, thick slices of ham and turkey, English and Irish cheeses, marinated vegetables over mixed greens and your choice of Stilton Cheese dressing or Mustard Vinaigrette $13.99
Shepherd's Pie - ground lamb with carrots topped with mashed potatoes and cheddar cheese $12.99
I've also had the chicken pasty but I don't see it on the menu now. It was good
Pot Roast that I don't see on any of the menus. It was the best:thumbsup:
Pork Loin was the worst.:sick:
Potato leek soup is out of this world:mickey:
My favorite finish is Sticky Toffee Pudding :secret: