PDA

View Full Version : What to do when arriving early???

EpcotRescueRanger
05-02-2008, 05:33 PM
I am leaving to WDW this Sunday :yay:. I have been there numerous times before (even worked there) but this is the first time I am staying on-site at Pop Century. My flight arrives early in the morning and I was wondering if there's a storage room for my carry-on bag or if bell services takes it to my room once its ready. I want to go straight to the parks and not sit around to wait for my room to be ready. How does it work and what are my options?

TinkerbellT421
05-02-2008, 05:37 PM
If your going via magical express, to the hotel, they pick up ur bags from the airport and bring them right to the resort for you and right into your room. Usually what me and my DBF do is, we get dropped off at this site (we will carry our bathingsuit in a carryon backpack from our home airport to the hotel, MAYBE a small change of close) we come from RI so its cold here so we are bundled up when we leave and usually carry a tshirt and pair of shorts for when we land and get to the hotel we change. But anyway, you never touch ur luggage after its picked up at the airport, disney takes car eof it all. So we usualy just head straight for DTD where I do my bulk of my shopping. I do most of it that day instead of going to parks because we usually like to rest for a couple of days before hitting parks. Then we get back at night and everything is already there. :thumbsup:

EpcotRescueRanger
05-02-2008, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the reply. I guess I will just ask at the airport welcome desk or at the hotel front desk and see what they can do for me. I am so excited!

Mulan
05-02-2008, 06:38 PM
Not sure if the values are the same as the mods & deluxes (I assume they are), but you can leave them with the bell service and later that day/night call when you are ready and they will bring them to you. It works if you are going to the parks or hanging out at the resort.

wendy*darling
05-02-2008, 07:05 PM
There are several things you can do:

Since you are flying and staying on property- you are eligible to use Disney's Magical Express- a *free* bus service from Orlando International Airport to your resort.
You need to sign up a couple weeks in advance. They will mail luggage tags to your home which you put on your checked bags. In Orlando, Disney takes your checked luggage to your resort for you. You ride the bus with your carry on. Your checked luggage "magically" appears in your room later in the day.

When you get to Pop Century, go and check in. There is a small chance your room might be ready. Most likely it will not, but they will give you your room key and a phone number to call to see when the room is ready.
Then, take your carry-on to Bell Services and they will store it for you until you come back to the resort. You can pick it up when you get off the bus, or call them to deliver it to your room.
After you check in and get rid of your bags, head to the parks for as long as you like.

If you are renting a car when you arrive, then you do not need Magical Express. But you can still leave your carry on and checked bags with Bell Services, or in the trunk of your rental. I still advise checking in and getting your room key when you first get to WDW. Sometimes you get a better choice of rooms early in the day.

(**Oops- I just re-read your post and I see you are arriving this weekend. I don't think you will be able to use Magical Express to get your luggage, but you may still be able to use the bus ride to Pop. Everything else still applies.)

Taja
05-02-2008, 07:55 PM
At the values it's called "Luggage Services."

You can check your bags there. Don't leave any valuables, though.

I did leave my laptop, but took it out of my wheeled laptop case (carry-on bag) and buried it amid my clothes in my checked bag. It was in a Neoprene sleeve, so it was comfy and cozy all locked up! :)

Both cases were locked, but the laptop case looked a little obvious.

Aggie97
05-02-2008, 11:38 PM
I agree with Taja's advice on valuables. At least at the Polynesian, we've always had them place our carry-on bag, which contains jewelry and any other valuables, in a secure storage area that seems to be separate from the rest of our luggage. :mickey:

EpcotRescueRanger
05-03-2008, 01:04 PM
Thanks everyone for their replies. Everyone was very helpful, this is why I love intercot!