PDA

View Full Version : Any fun at Pleasure Island?

blabbermouth
05-02-2008, 01:08 PM
Hi everyone... this is my first post! So I'm going to wdw for the first time in Sept. Sooo excited. My bf and I, his friend and his gf, we're all in our mid twenties. I was just wondering if pleasure island is totally cheesy or what because no one seems to say anything about it on here other than the comedy club or the adventurers club! Does anyone actually go there? Thanks!!

DisneyTeen
05-02-2008, 01:16 PM
Its alright, I mean its a hit or miss. Some nights there are alot of people and all the clubs are full. Other nights its very slow with nothing going on. Its ok. I don't think you would have a bad time if you were to go. If you are looking for night life, I would head over to the boardwalk hotel and go to Jellyrolls. I wish they had one close to where I live, we would be there every night.

KineGirl
05-02-2008, 01:50 PM
Its not somewhere the 20somethings locals go out of their way to go. Some CMs may go there occassionally but for the most part if youre looking for a younger scene than the parents that are usually at PI, grab a cab and head to downtown Orlando. Dont get me wrong PI can be fun but when I was 25 - I would rather be in DTOrlando.

disneydave4479
05-02-2008, 01:58 PM
About 8 years ago or so it was great. It's been on a steady decline since then.

:mickey:

KineGirl
05-02-2008, 02:33 PM
About 8 years ago or so it was great. It's been on a steady decline since then.

:mickey:

I really miss the New Years Eve show :( Absolutely amazing. Like Vegas meets Disney :thedolls:

I still enjoy Adventurers Club and whenever we have a free evening on our trips, I try to hit it. The "bars" are just not for me with their theming and music selection. :ack: H.O.B at West Side is a cool place to see a concert though! Highly recommended if a band is there youd like to see. :thumbsup:

deedeenmickey
05-02-2008, 05:50 PM
We are in our thirties but we have alot of fun at CityWalk at Universal Studios. We have never been to PI because we just assumed it would be dead. I think we are going to try it this trip though.:cool:

mrsgaribaldi
05-02-2008, 06:32 PM
We are in our early 40s and we enjoy the Adventurer's Club alot. We went to the Comedy Club once and it was fun but we always go back to the Adventurer's Club:thumbsup:

Pop Centurion
05-03-2008, 02:28 PM
Welcome to Intercot. :welcome:

If you've never been there, then you should definitely go. I for one still enjoy it even with all the changes. Even if you don't want to go in the dance clubs, Comedy club, and/or Adventurers Club you can still enjoy a few drinks while you walk around within PI.

KineGirl
05-03-2008, 02:34 PM
Welcome to Intercot. :welcome:

If you've never been there, then you should definitely go. I for one still enjoy it even with all the changes. Even if you don't want to go in the dance clubs, Comedy club, and/or Adventurers Club you can still enjoy a few drinks while you walk around within PI.

well thats true. I do at least wander thru with a cocktail while doing DTD from one end to the other. They got some cool shops too.

Soul_Power
05-03-2008, 05:59 PM
My boyfriend and I are both in our early 20s and we had a great time when we went to Pleasure Island. We went to the comedy club and spent the rest of our time at the BET Soundstage and we had a lot of fun!

brewcrew26
05-04-2008, 07:26 AM
I'm 27 and DH is 26. I enjoyed PI when I was in my younger 20s, but this last trip, it was just too packed and just not "us" anymore. We weren't ever really into the club scene, although I really enjoyed the couple times I've gone to Adventurer's Club and the comedy club.

We kinda blew past everything. We were walking through there on a Thursday night and it was all high school-aged kids in groups or maybe college-aged CMs. I think I overheard some kid using a line that he played Goofy in the MK and some girl bought it. PI makes for some good people watching.

Otherwise, I like Boardwalk with the dueling pianos and sportsbar atmosphere more, or Citywalk and places like Margaritaville.

I guess I just finally got "old"...ho-hum...

NJ Camper
05-04-2008, 11:54 AM
I agree i'm a little older then you im 41 but other then adventurer club or comedy club that would be it for clubs for me also we mostly go to ghiradeli's for ice cream and just wander the shops but ussualy thats a 1 night per trip unless we go back to eat or if we saw something and decided to go back and buy it disney quest is kinda cool but can be over run with younger kids guess im just getting old

DWHUBBY
05-04-2008, 12:25 PM
The Adventurer's Club is awesome. Just make sure if you go that you do not just stay in the lobby. You need to go downstairs and check out the other rooms...that is where all the fun is. As far as the Comedy Warehouse goes, get in line early and try to get the seat next to the phone. I don't want to give anything away, but it is hilarious!! The improv comedians do a fantastic job. The entire show is based on audience participation, so the wilder the crowd, the better the show. The other clubs are pretty much just dance clubs and depend on the type of music you like. A pretty good selection though.

If you decide not to go to PI, then try Jellyrolls on the boardwalk. It really kicks into gear around 10 pm. There is one night a week (don't remember which one) that is "cast member night" so everyone in there knows each other and you might feel a bit like an outsider. Just remember to bring cash or a credit card because you can't charge alcohol to your room charge...trust me, I found that out the hard way last time. Where ever you go, just remember, you are on vacation, so make the best of it !!

Aggie97
05-04-2008, 06:15 PM
My husband and I used to go to the Comedy Club and Adventurer's Club on every trip.

When we last visited PI in Feb. 2005 we felt the atmosphere had degraded, since they started allowing people to enter the area without paying. We saw two fights that resulted in arrests. There were a lot of police around.

It was kind of weird outside and just didn't feel the same to us. We still did have a lot of fun inside the two clubs, though! :mickey:

bruin1344
05-08-2008, 08:23 AM
pleasure island is fun for people in their early 20s, especially if like to dance, comedy club is fine, jellyrolls is a fun time, same concept as jake's ivory in bostonm

DisneyDog
05-08-2008, 01:30 PM
We paid the full admission this past Sunday night, but we only went to Comedy Warehouse and Adventurer's Club. We had a great time, but it wasn't worth the price. I could have sat in the Adventurer's Club all night. I was actually surprised how many kids there were in there. The "lecture" was slightly risque for kids.

2Epcot
05-08-2008, 02:25 PM
I haven't been to Pleasure Island for a long time. My visits were in the 90s, but I always had a good time. Anytime someone asks about visiting a theme park or a place they've never been before, I always suggest going at least once ... If you don't like it, don't go back. For everyone who likes something, there is someone who won't, you need to just check it out for yourself. :mickey:

Sportster
05-12-2008, 03:54 PM
Last October, 8Traxx was packed!! We had a blast there. Now, I am a bit older than 20 something, but there were quite a few folks there in that age range and they were having a great time as well. And it is true, it can be hit or miss as far as the crowds go.
Jellyrolls on the Boardwalk is a great time as well. I've been there 3 times and each time was alot of fun.
Remember, sometimes those unplanned events turn out to be the most fun!