PDA

View Full Version : Off the menu items for kids

tarkin
05-02-2008, 12:58 PM
Do alot of the Epcot restaurants offer simpler "kid friendly"meals along with their particular country's specialties? I'm mulling over the DDP and think it might work for us if my 2 very picky kids could still get a hamburger or chicken fingers even if we're in, like, China or Marrakesh. I know they did it for us in the Mexico pavillion.

Strmchsr
05-02-2008, 01:56 PM
If you look at the menus in Info Central here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/default.asp) you can see the kids menus at the various countries. Some have "picky kid food" (chicken fingers, etc) and some don't, but that will give you an idea of what to expect.

tarkin
05-02-2008, 02:14 PM
Ok, thanks for the link.

KylesMom
05-02-2008, 02:29 PM
We tried this on two separate occasions - first, at Nine Dragons - no go. We also tried to get him a burger at LeCellier for Dinner, and they said they didn't have any ground beef in-house to make him one. Good thing, though - he LOVED his steak!

Mickey'sGirl
05-02-2008, 03:36 PM
Do alot of the Epcot restaurants offer simpler "kid friendly"meals along with their particular country's specialties? I'm mulling over the DDP and think it might work for us if my 2 very picky kids could still get a hamburger or chicken fingers even if we're in, like, China or Marrakesh. I know they did it for us in the Mexico pavillion.They have terrific "pasgetti" at Marrakesh... they also have chicken which is pretty basic. I think if you have kids with simple tastes -- they will find they enjoy some of the offerings at Marrakesh (one of our family favourites for sure!).:thumbsup:

deedeenmickey
05-02-2008, 05:47 PM
:thumbsup:The cast members are great about letting you bring food from other resturants in the parks. We have a pickey eater and LOVE biergarten so on our way to Germany we stop at America and get the chicken fingers and fries to bring in. The server was so okay with it that he encouraged my daughter to go get a dessert off the buffet even though she wasn't paying for the buffet.

tarkin
05-03-2008, 12:19 AM
Good to hear about Marrakesh as my wife and I really want to try it there. I'm surprised about Le Celliere though. No ground beef?? Come on!! I could get him to eat a steak though, even split with me and save a credit.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
05-03-2008, 11:08 AM
We have on occasions stopped by a CS place and brought in something for our DD(3) and we had no problems. Sometimes they will surprise you she even tried a few new things last year and actually liked them. It is a great way to introduce them to new things with all the excitement around. The times she didn't eat we just got her a snack afterwards. It is Disney you have to be flexible with everything.