PDA

View Full Version : Chances of staying put at AKL?

mudpuppysmom
05-02-2008, 11:09 AM
First let me say that I do all the planning for our family vacations.....now in December my sister and her crew are coming along, so I have another family to make plans for too.

DH usually only comes down for a "long weekend" and he tells me to do whatever and he'll just be the pack mule along for the ride (which I try not to do that to him and book him a Segway tour during his weekend and also we do nice dinners while he is there).

Now, sister wants to do the Sunrise Safari.....you need to stay club level to do this, which is fine with me, but not her, so for Wednesday night DS and I will be in a room with my sister and her daughter --so far so good......now DH is coming down Thursday night and HE expressed interest in going on the same safari Sunday morning, so you need to stay club level Saturday night to do this.

I hope someone sees where this is going.....we check in on Wednesday for club level, then have to check out of club level and into a std room Thursday and Friday nights then again check out and check back into club level for Saturday night then Sunday morning after the safari check back out of club level and back into std room for Sunday and Monday nights.......this is A LOT of moving around and I'll also have a 6 month old to deal with along with a 6 year old and our "stuff".

Question here is.....how likely do you think it is that we can just stay in the same room the whole time (I know that this would require some kind of magic on Disney's part by way of an upgrade in the first place), but honestly I really would rather just stay in one room for several days THEN move if I have to once DH is with me. Right now I have a club level room booked for Wed-Saturday nights so my plan would work, I'd just like to save that extra money and spend it elsewhere on the kids.

Thoughts?

Tinkerfreak
05-02-2008, 02:09 PM
They have moved all of the club level rooms down to the 4th floor anyway so they just give you a standard room but give you key card access to the lounge. I'm sure they can keep you in your same room. who knows, if you are lucky maybe they will just let you have access to the lounge for your entire stay.

KineGirl
05-02-2008, 02:26 PM
So all of ya'll are staying in 1 room hmmm... I dont really have suggestions more like options as I have no idea what would be best! LOL

What about doing standard until Fri and then moving to Club on Sat? Stay thru checkout?

What about just splurging & you & your sister just stay in Club upon arrival Wed?

Like TinkerFreak said maybe if you explain it to them (WDW) they may let you just stay in the same room since Club rooms are std rooms only with their own floor. I hope it works out for you - AKL is a very popular resort. Sunrise Safari does sound very nice but I dont know if Id be willing to move the family 3 times in a week for it.

TammiMcMan
05-02-2008, 02:59 PM
The first problem that I see, is that although the club rooms are now located on the 4th floor, I believe they are a bit different than standard rooms. I may be wrong, but I know in some of the other resorts, the club level rooms have a DVD player, automatic turndown service, bathrobes and maybe a few other amenities not found in a regular room. If the club level is sold out and the rooms are different, then you will most likely have to move.

The other question would be with the view you have booked for your non-club level days. If you have standard booked, then staying in a club level savannah view room would be something like a 3 tier upgrade.

I'm not saying that it's impossible, but I would really go there with the mindset that you will be moving rooms. That way, you won't be overly disappointed if the resort can't accomodate you in the same room.

I do hope it works out for you, but you really might want to consider at least booking a savannah view room for those "off" days. It won't guarantee anything, but it could help with the upgrade.