PDA

View Full Version : No Damage - got lucky again

Marker
05-02-2008, 07:58 AM
Lots of storm damage around the city today. Some as close as 5 miles away, but luckily it missed us again.

They're not saying tornado, yet. But either way, lots of homes are destroyed. I can't even imagine.

Tinkerfreak
05-02-2008, 02:46 PM
I am glad to hear that you are safe. My thoughts go out to all of the people who have lost so much. I can't even imagine how that must feel and the terror one must feel knowing that a tornado is about to hit.
Good luck to everyone in your area.

SgtTigger
05-02-2008, 05:43 PM
So nice to hear you are ok......

:cop: :tigger:

Jeff
05-02-2008, 07:40 PM
I'm glad you are ok.:thumbsup:

Gooftroop5
05-03-2008, 08:19 AM
Glad you are ok. :thumbsup: Tornadoes are scary. Dh has an uncle in Arkansas. He's about an hour out of little Rock. I worry everytime they say they've had tornadoes in that area.

We don't see very many of them. We are very very very lucky. When they do touch touch down they are very reluctant in admitting there was one. We are in an area that they go around us. However I did see 1 forming when I was about 7/8 yo. It was the coolest & scariest thing I ever saw. It didn't touch down there but I will never forget it. We were walking back from a field trip to the firehouse. You could see the clouds swirling around. We got back to school & they brought us to the cafeteria (it didn't have any windows). The whole school was already there. I guess that is when we realized that we should be scared. What did I know I was in 2nd grade.