PDA

View Full Version : Happy Friday! Gentlemen, start your...horses??

Dr_Nigel_C
05-02-2008, 07:06 AM
Hello, everyone...Happy Friday! :D

Now, a lot of us enjoy watching NASCAR. But, if you're tired of watching the race cars going round and round the track, then this weekend is for you -- you can watch horses go round and round a track!

:horse:

That's right, the Kentucky Derby is this Saturday. So, get out your huge hat and place your bets.

Now, I don't know about you, but I've never been on a horse before, so I'd probably end up going backwards. Who knows...me and my horse might actually end up at a NASCAR race by accident!! :confused: :car: :confused:

Anywho...hope you all have a great weekend. We started "celebrating" last night, as yesterday was "Step Mom's Day". So, here's to all you wonderful Step Mom's out there... :party:

Here's the Drink-of-the-day (tm):

Dark Horse

25 ml rum
25 ml Kahlua® coffee liqueur
5 ml rosso vermouth
1 dash lemons
Coca-Cola®

Pour the rum, Kahlua, vermouth and lemon into a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Shake and strain into a Champagne flute over crushed ice. Top with Coca-cola. Garnish with a lemon slice, and serve.

Have a great weekend!

drummerboy
05-02-2008, 08:19 AM
Happy Friday!

You don't even want to know my experience with horses. Let's just say, if there's any wrong way to deal with them, DW and I probably did it.

My experience with horse racing came from working in the parking lot of a NJ track part time during high school and a few times betting on them at the track later on. Much better to have had them pay me for working than to leave them my money at the betting window.

Mom2Princess'
05-02-2008, 08:19 AM
Happy Friday! I shall take a drink special. :marg:
Have a great weekend everyone!:cheers:

Shugoondola
05-02-2008, 08:38 AM
But, if you're tired of watching the race cars going round and round the track, then this weekend is for you -- you can watch horses go round and round a track!

:horse:

That's right, the Kentucky Derby is this Sunday. So, get out your huge hat and place your bets.

Happy Friday!

The Kentucky Derby is actually tomorrow (Saturday) so don't wait until Sunday to celebrate. You'll be late to the party! :party2:

:mickey:

offwego
05-02-2008, 08:55 AM
Can't we have mint juleps?

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! (and Ken horses are the one animal I do understand..how odd is that? Dressage and show jumping though not racing..cause with English riding one gets the snazzy boots of course)

JanetMegan
05-02-2008, 09:12 AM
Hmm well at least this post mentioned NASCAR? Horses ick ;)

The NASCAR race this week is Saturday night so you can watch that on Saturday and the Horses on Sunday!

Howdy and Happy Friday from the West-Arizona! Boy changing from Eastern to Western time is so tough in the mornings. I was wide awake and ready to roll at 4am!

pogo
05-02-2008, 09:42 AM
Happy Friday all...... I'll take the special if you don't mind.

Hope you all have a great weekend watching cars and horses go in circles. :D

weswerx
05-02-2008, 12:07 PM
Happy Friday everyone!

scottgr
05-02-2008, 12:39 PM
HAPPY FRIDAY :beer:

wdwgrl377
05-02-2008, 12:49 PM
Happy Friday Everyone!!
:cheer:
Hope all has a great fantastic weekend! :mickey:

Nascfan
05-02-2008, 01:13 PM
Happy Friday everyone!

May your favorite long-shot win big!

SgtTigger
05-02-2008, 05:46 PM
Happy Friday.................

I hope everyone is having a good day and a great weekend.......

Some of us have to work this weekend and tonight...... But at least someone will be having a good time......

:cop: :tigger:

Lizzy
05-02-2008, 09:01 PM
Happy Friday everyone!

We actually had Derby Day at work today. My new job is great, any excuse to celebrate they will use it! The ladies all dressed in southern dresses with big hats. Some guys came in jockey outfits or looked like horse owners, one guy even had the red coat and bugle! We all named our hobby horses.

The best ones were :
from the case management department - "Deny it again Sam"
from the IT dept- "Glue stick"
And from the Pharmacy "Side Effects"

Way to to funny.

Dr_Nigel_C
05-03-2008, 10:31 AM
Those horse names are great!! Too funny...

Sounds like you're really enjoying your new job, Lizzy -- Jamie and I are very happy for you!!

Anywho...more drinks are on the way, folks -- hope y'all are all having a great weekend!!

:)

SgtTigger
05-03-2008, 02:22 PM
Happy Saturday...........

Wait.... let me say it again......

Happy Saturday.....

Boy you guys need to wake up....... the race is today..... first horses then Cars..... But I cant watch I will be at work so everyone have fun.........

:cop: :tigger: