PDA

View Full Version : Figaro's Flower Festival part five

dlpmikki
05-02-2008, 07:06 AM
Monday 28th April
We have an appointment with our DVC rep at 12 noon so are trying to work out what we can do before seeing her.
We set off (fairly) early for Sea World to activate tickets and perhaps make a short visit. As we drive towards the parking, Mikki wonders if Sea World will treat annual passes like Disney (who refund the parking charge for the visit when you get them) or Universal (who don’t). They do neither. They scan the printout of our voucher and don’t charge at all. Getting the tickets themselves is also a lesson to the others in simplicity. At a computer terminal, Mikki scans just one of the vouchers and the machine knows we have two. The tickets are printed and delivered in seconds.

Like at Disney, you can do a lot at Sea World if you arrive before the crowds. We had short stops with turtles and stingrays before settling down to study the dolphins and then the penguins. Mikki and Andrew even went into the shops (10% discount) and tried to upset me by saying they had wonderful cuddly toys of a black and white . . .whale! They wouldn’t dare. (Note, Don’t tell Figaro but the all white cuddly toys of seal pups were even cuter).

Next we find our way to the Orange County tag agency on Orange Blossom Trail so we can get a disabled permit for Andrew (in addition to his UK one that Disney recognise anyway). We have been told the process takes only a few minutes – but this reckons without the delay waiting to see anyone. We forgot that when it comes to making people sit in line Disney are rank amateurs compared to governments. With half an hour to get back to Saratoga Springs, we give up.

When we get to the DVC centre, our problems really get going. Cynthia, our representative we have given up our place in line to see, is not available. Carol appears instead. Did we bring passports? No, did you ask us to? Oh, No. We expected you o do things by post. We repeat the saga (which they must have heard from lots of British OKW members) abut the cost of getting documents notarised in England. She needs photo ID with photograph, signature and date of birth. Fine, we have Andrew’s passport and Mikki’s driving licence. All the details are there. Carol takes them away. She brings them back. No, we must have the passport to prove you are in the country legally. This has only been since 9/11 (which is how long?). Oh, it looks like you haven’t got copies of all the papers that need signing. I can make more for you.(funny, they all seemed to be here before you took them away). Can you come again? No, you don’t need to make an appointment, you can come any time. So, there was no need to leave our place in line at the tag office.

Needless to say, Cynthia, the rep who made the appointment never bothered to keep it herself. Need I also add that none of this was started by my humans: it was all imposed on them by Disney. In recent years it seems we always have one day when we meet Disney at it most stupid or officious worst. Let’s hope this has got it over for this trip.

We drive straight back to the Orange County Tag Agency. It is now lunchtime and it is even more busy (but may also have more staff on). And when our number does come up, we are dealt with quickly.

We are now close to Florida Mall so go there for a late food court lunch and a trip to the Disney Store.

We go back to Royal Palms for an evening in.

Tuesday 29th April
The forecast is for one of the cooler days so Mikki sets off to try Aquatica. She has a joint annual ticket with Sea World. I stay home with Andrew: a whole park devoted to getting wet? Meeoww. Even Mikki is not that keen on water parks and does not use the big slides. The signature attraction of Aquatica takes you fast through a pipe inside a pool of dolphins. If you want to see the dolphins, it better to ride the slow “lazy river” type ride. Aquatica has two of these (one rather less “lazy” called Roos rapids) and two wave pools. Mikki enjoys these and looking around at the pretty planting but decides not to do any of the ‘big’rides.

Next, we go out looking at electronics. Mikki has been looking at some things but I don’t think they are that serious. Still, it takes an afternoon.

Mikki is now ready to return to “Outback Steakhouse” for her favourite “Shrimp on the Barbie”.

Bethis26fan
05-02-2008, 01:03 PM
Sounds like an intreasting day. I hope it is the only bump along the way. Thanks for sharing.

DizNee143
05-02-2008, 04:30 PM
bummer you had to waste time with the whole dvc..dont really understand the whole problem..but i hope it got fixed right away..and you dont have to be bothered with anything else for the rest of your trip!!
:mickey:

offwego
05-02-2008, 06:11 PM
Paperwork and holidays (even longish ones) doesn't sound like much fun. I hope everything is straightened out for you.

Thanks again for sharing your views (and Mikki's of Auquatica):mickey:

MauiMouse
05-02-2008, 08:59 PM
Sorry to hear that you lost some time with DVC paperwork. :(

My SIL went to Aquatica and I think that she said that you go so fast through those tubes that you barely have a chance to see the dolphins. :dolphin:

pdrlkr
05-02-2008, 11:14 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

wdwgrl377
05-02-2008, 11:37 PM
Sorry about all the problems Mikki and Andrew had at the DVC.

It all ended with a nice meal at Outback Steakhouse! My favorite restaurant!!

Thanks for posting! :mickey:

pogo
05-03-2008, 10:00 AM
This is interesting reading...... Two days from a stuffed cats perspective ! :confused:

Sounds like another great and relaxing two days, with the exception of the DVC appointment. But I'm worried that Mikki hasn't played any tennis in quite a few days and I'm afraid she'll get rusty ! :D

faline
05-06-2008, 11:41 AM
What a lot of bureaucracy you ran into! That certainly does not sound like fun! Hope you didn't have to also wait a long time for your dinner at Outback as I know how crowded they can get!

ChipnDaleGal
05-06-2008, 01:40 PM
What a mess with DVC for your humans. Hope that all gets straightened out. Other than that, it sounded like a couple more fun days. Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
05-06-2008, 01:50 PM
What a mess, sorry it was not fun! I can't say I blame you Figaro, for not wanting to get wet MMMMEEEEEOOOOWWWWW!! You are too cute for drowned rathood!;)

Thanks for sharing.

KylesMom
05-06-2008, 03:23 PM
Well, Monday was a complete exercise in futility, wasn't it? :( I'm afraid I would be completely over the edge after dealing with the "replacement" rep. I sure hope that pixie dust is with you for the rest of your trip! Looking forward to reading more . . . :mickey:

cal5755
05-06-2008, 06:52 PM
Well I hope the next trip report has no bumps like this one... sorry about all your paperwork problems with the DVC!!

tinkerbell04
05-16-2008, 06:59 PM
Sorry to hear about the paperwork fiascos! Hope that it gets better from here. Thans for sharing.:mickey: