PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about early sept.

Bethis26fan
05-01-2008, 06:29 PM
This is the first time we are going in early sept other than hot please tell me about what to expect. Like how are the crowds due to free dining what are the partys like during the week etc. Thanks in advance.

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
05-01-2008, 07:24 PM
It is HOT! We were there last year from the day before Labor Day and stayed a week. Other than Monday Laborday... when AK was very crowded... the rest of the week was great, with minimal waits for the lines. We used fast pass here and there... but really, there was no issues with lines! Restaurants were very crowded. I found that if you have the first seating at lunch or dinner... it seems less crowded. (Of course this means you may be eating dinner at 4 pm/.. while this works out great for my family... Yours may rather deal with restaurants being more crowded and having a dinner closer to 6pm. Make sure you drink lots of water... buy one of those spray fans at WalMart and bring it every day... And one of the best things we did was bring 2 battery powered clip on fans for our double stroller. It had foam propellers... and our girls were able to sit back in the stroller with a breeze constantly on them. (Bring batteries from home!!!)

Have fun! Send a not on how your trip is!

We will be there starting Sept 20 this year!

MickeyMomof2
05-01-2008, 08:05 PM
We went Sept 07. The lines were great. I think the longest we waited for anything was 20 minutes. Some headliner rides had 40 minute waits, but we always used FP for those. On some rides, even Mission:SPACE and Kali River Rapids, we had no wait at all (even during the afternoon). We rode the rapids three times in a row without gettting off. Restaurants were busy, but we had no problems.

You know to expect the heat, but also expect rain. We had one full day of drizzle and a few thunderstorms. We actually welcomed the drizzle because it sure helped with the heat!

Lucyrella
05-01-2008, 09:47 PM
We were there last year for the first part of September, and it can still be hot, but hey it was hotter in Evansville IN that week. We did not encounter any rain during the day, just in the evenings, and the lines and crowds with the free dining were very managable. We had a great time. We have opted to go 2 weeks later this year to see if we can avoid some of the heat, but for some reason I doubt it. I don't think of the heat when I am out in the sun having fun. Have a great time!

DouieDan
05-02-2008, 11:38 AM
Another good thing with early September is that you will probalby miss the Love-bug visit. When they are at their peak, it gets very annoying. swarms and swarms, especially at the water-parks and pools. We have been in mid to late spetember and have experienced these lttle critters. Although there is no guarantee when they will show up in the fall. we have had better luck not seeing them in early september. Cross your fingers.

Bethis26fan
05-02-2008, 12:07 PM
Thanks everyone! We were mostly wondering about crowd levels. We've been going the week after thanksgiving and they crowds are very light then and we didn't know what to plan for on the crowds in sept. Thanks again.

Jasper
05-02-2008, 12:14 PM
We have only gone a few times in September but have found that as long as you stay away from the first week (Labor Day weekend and week) then you will likely find reasonable size crowds. Remember that virtually every school, including colleges are back in school by the early part of September so that helps the lines a whole lot! The exception would be the Labor Day week and weekend.

Bethis26fan
05-02-2008, 02:56 PM
We are checking in the saturday after labor day our first day in the parks will be that sunday

Crow
05-04-2008, 09:10 PM
good time to go. Ive gone a few times right after Labor day. schools back & its my birthday time. other than rain sometimes its good for less crowds. Ill be there again starting Sept 3

rnin02
05-05-2008, 12:11 AM
Its really a great time to go crowd wise, the lines are really not that bad. Some days/times are worse than others, but I think as long as there aren't a lot of major ride rehabs going on, you should be fine. One of our days at MK last year was pretty bad, due to HM being closed for rehab and POTC closed temporarily during the day, and I think something else was closed...it made the surrounding rides a little busier. But still alot better than summer and spring break!