PDA

View Full Version : How Difficult Is It Getting A Job At WDW?

Arnold Simba
05-01-2008, 04:28 PM
Just Wondering: How difficult is it getting a job at WDW? A friend of mine who works at one of the on-site Disney Hotels told me it's possible to get jobs at the parks. But he also told me that because of my vast warehouse experience (forklift, shipping, receiving, etc.) there were possibilities to work at a Disney warehouse doing comparable work. Any and all thoughts on securing a Disney job would be helpful. Thank you.

DizneyRox
05-01-2008, 07:18 PM
Getting a job at WDW takes two things. A SSN and a pulse... I'm sure many are sick of me saying that, but it seems to be true. I wouldn't sweat it at all!

Arnold Simba
05-01-2008, 10:27 PM
Getting a job at WDW takes two things. A SSN and a pulse... I'm sure many are sick of me saying that, but it seems to be true. I wouldn't sweat it at all!

lol Thanks for the reply. Spoke to my friend this evening about his experiences, and he said the following: Disney wanted to see that he resided in Florida. When he initially inquired about a job, he lived in Pennsylvania. They told him that if he moved to Florida, come on in and apply. He did move, and did apply. He added that initially Disney didn't have full time work for him, except to drive a Disney Bus, where he was told there was room for overtime. He politely declined the bus offer, and asked if there were any other jobs, inside or outside the parks. Because of his jack-of-all-trades abilities, they offered a job at a Disney Hotel doing room repairs & refurbishments. He loves his job. Told me that every day when he drives under the "Welcome to Walt Disney World" arch, he feels like the luckiest guy on the planet.
I asked him whether to apply for a job in the parks, or outside on Disney property. He said that because of my work history, Disney would be aware of my warehousing/forklift experience, and "might" offer a job in that area. On the other hand, he said that if I told them that I wanted to work at "Pirates Of The Caribbean", they would keep my request in mind. He said, "Who knows where you would go, or what they might offer you, or what is available at that time? All you can do is find out! lol"

DizneyRox
05-03-2008, 07:50 AM
Yes, you should also be a local resident in order to be considered.

TheRustyScupper
05-03-2008, 06:45 PM
Getting a job at WDW takes two things. A SSN and a pulse... I'm sure many are sick of me saying that, but it seems to be true.

1) Usually, a pulse is optional.
2) Today, however, recruiting is down.
3) They are laying off in some park jobs and at some resorts.
4) To be noted, layoffs are done per union contract rulles.

EDIT: Actual 5/4/08 Sunday Want Ad (some are part-time):
. . . Attractions
. . . Character Performers (auditon needed)
. . . Culinary
. . . Custodial
. . . Housekeeping
. . . Lifguarding
. . . Merchandise
. . . Quick Service Restaurants
. . . Stewarding

Arnold Simba
05-04-2008, 12:54 AM
Darn. I guess that I'll have to forget my dream of working at WDW. Sounds like a bad time to look for a job there, especially a job that one could survive on. Sigh ...