PDA

View Full Version : WiFi at GF areas

dolphinmickey9170
05-01-2008, 03:22 PM
I am aware of this:

Wi-Fi access is available in most public areas like lobbies, pool areas, lounges etc. Specific locations for Wi-Fi varies from hotel to hotel. Check with guest service at the resort to be sure where access locations are.

My question is this:

Has anyone had a personal experience with their wifi at GF? To make a long story short, my professor changed the date of my final exam and has agreed to email it to me while I'm on vacation. The test would have been taken the day before I leave for WDW. Now I need to take this test on a specific day and time and have plans for dinner at the GF at 1900PF. I am wondering if the wifi will work inside the restaurant? If not, I will use the lobby to take my test.

Any thoughts??? Suggestions??? We've tried moving our dinner ressies, but they are booked for the day.

TheRustyScupper
05-01-2008, 11:41 PM
1) I wasn't aware that GF had WiFi in other than common areas.
2) If it is a recent change, then I am just not up-to-date.
3) WiFi is $4.95 for partial day and $9.95 for 24-hrs.

Polynesian Dweller
05-02-2008, 12:00 AM
WiFi at GF is available in the lobby area but not in rooms or the restaurants. A slight modification to cost, the last I saw, was $4.99 for the first 60 minutes OR $9.95 for 24 contiguous hours. The rooms have internet available by cable and there is a cable available in the room.

dolphinmickey9170
05-03-2008, 08:51 PM
So, even if I am not a guest at that hotel, I can still use the wifi to take my exam with?

How do I do this? Just turn on my pc, have it look for the wifi - and does a screen pop up telling me to pay? I am a bit confused.

DizneyRox
05-03-2008, 10:28 PM
So, even if I am not a guest at that hotel, I can still use the wifi to take my exam with?

How do I do this? Just turn on my pc, have it look for the wifi - and does a screen pop up telling me to pay? I am a bit confused.

The WiFi does work for ANYONE. I'm guessing it works based on the MAC address for your WiFi card. The WiFi and in room Internet are seperate from what I remember, so if you purchase Internet in your resort room, you would still need to purchase the Internet for WiFi access at the GF. I believe that when you first attempt to access the aInternet a screen will pop up an you will be prompted for a cradit card number.

I have had luck getting a signal in my room overlooking the main pool, it was spotty, but did work. I wouldn't plan on getting it anyhere but where they tell you, but the signal may reach so other areas.