PDA

View Full Version : Tigerinvestigator's MAY08 Pretrip Report

Tigerinvestigator
05-01-2008, 02:00 PM
Cast

Myself- I need a vacation more than ever (I say this everytime!):thumbsup:

DW- A great woman, she gave the OK on this last minute trip!

DD11- Our last trip with her being in Elementary school. Next year she will be in Middle School and I will be an old man!

DD6- My goal is to "convince" or "trick" her into riding some bigger rides. (Don't send me nasty emails I'm only kidding- pinky swear).

DD3- Fearless even at two feet tall. She is sometimes confused with a one year old with a really good vocabulary.!

We decided to take this trip about a month ago and have scrambled to make reservations and ADR's in time. Fortunately for me (i'm the one most addicted to WDW) it did not take alot of convincing to to talk my wife into going. We are going to do our part to help stimulate the economy with our Stimulus check! We arrive on Saturday afternoon May 10 and will stay our first night (which was an addition)at POR. We plan to get there early enough for me to recover from the long ride and to let the kids swim. Planning on going to DTD for dinner and a little shopping. On Sunday we will be moving to the AKL for 7 nights. This will be our fourth trip to AKL and we are all looking forward to a great week. My brother is flying in on Sunday and he will also be staying at the AKL. On Tuesday May 13 my DW and I will celebrate our 13th Wedding anniversary and my brother has graciously offered to keep the kids while we have a late dinner at Jiko. Other ADR's for the week include Crystal Palace, Garden Grill, Biergarten, Yak & Yeti, and Marrakesh. Our Daughters are also going to the BBB. We are scheduled for our first Pirate and Princess Party as well. We are looking forward to the trip and hope to run into some of our fellow intercotees. I will try to give some live reports but not promising anything.:thumbsup:

wdwgrl377
05-01-2008, 02:51 PM
Sounds like you've got a great trip planned! Happy Anniversary!
Have safe travels and can't wait to hear about your trip!! :mickey:

Tygger7
05-01-2008, 02:55 PM
Hey, we'll be arriving on Sat. May 10th as well! Our first night will be at Pop Century, and then we're transferring to the WL for 10 glorious nights!

We're ready to burst with excitement too!!!

pogo
05-02-2008, 09:32 AM
Jason..... your plans sound great with one exception..... they don't include me !!! :(

Travel safe, have a great time and eat a :bar: for me ! :D

pogo
05-02-2008, 09:35 AM
Sorry I missed the Anniversary in your report.

:fworks:.....Happy Anniversary !.....:fworks:

gauvin4
05-02-2008, 09:46 AM
Sounds like a great plan! :mickey: I look forward to hearing all about it. I hope you and your wife have a great anniversary!! :party:

Hayden's Dad
05-02-2008, 09:56 AM
Sounds like a great plan. We are arriving on Sunday the 11 and will be at POP all week. Hopefully we will run into you at the P&PP!!

Tigerinvestigator
05-02-2008, 10:08 PM
Jason..... your plans sound great with one exception..... they don't include me !!! :D

If you remember I tried to include ya'll Pogo!:thumbsup:

KineGirl
05-02-2008, 11:14 PM
Sounds like a great trip planned! Id love to take and impromptu trip to the World! You sure got some good ressies and such for short notice - you guys should have a blast!

Congrats on your anniversary!

dolphinmickey9170
05-04-2008, 10:32 PM
I sure hope we can meet up with you and your family. We are having a mini meet on the 18th. If that's too late, maybe we can meet earlier in the week. We arrive on the 15th! Hope you have a safe trip and a happy anniversary! :mickey:

Tigerinvestigator
05-04-2008, 11:09 PM
I sure hope we can meet up with you and your family. We are having a mini meet on the 18th. If that's too late, maybe we can meet earlier in the week. We arrive on the 15th! Hope you have a safe trip and a happy anniversary! :mickey:

We are leaving early in the morning on the 18th. I hate I will miss the meet but maybe we can meet up earlier in the week.:thumbsup:

dolphinmickey9170
05-04-2008, 11:22 PM
That would be so cool. My pretrip report is posted. Let me know what will work for you.:mickey:

HndrdPrcnt
05-04-2008, 11:43 PM
Jason - Like you, I too am the Disney addict in the family. We went back in 2006 and then came home to the news of me being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. I had to undergo a pretty treacherous surgery that had me in the hospital for a month. However, I am here to write about it, so it is all good. Also like you, I have DDs (only 2 here though - 9 yr old & 6 yr old). When I was originally told that I had only 6 months to live, I just broke down and started thinking about all of the important things in my daughters' lives that I would miss. However, God put one of the most amazing surgeons in to our path (only 30-minutes away at UC Davis) who was able to perform this surgery on me which ended up saving my life!! Anyhow, since our last trip, we have had so many medical bills pile up on us that taking another trip did not look like something that we would ever be able to do again.

Then came the "stimulus package" (thank you President Bush). So, with that, and a whole lot of continued convincing, we have another trip to Disney planned for Sept '08 to take advantage of the Free Dining offering. I am so darned excited for this trip that I can barely contain myself. It will be a grand gathering with the same group that joined us on the last trip and I am sure that it will be just as much fun as last time!!

Have a great trip!! I can not wait to read your trip reports!! Please be sure to clue us in on anything that we can not miss on our trip!!

vizsla
05-05-2008, 05:23 AM
Sounds like you have a wonderful vacation planned. Happy Anniversary and have a great time.

DisneyorBust
05-05-2008, 07:43 AM
Have a great time in WDW!:mickey: And HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

ChipnDaleGal
05-05-2008, 04:53 PM
What a wonderful way to stimulate the economy!! I hope you all have a great time and you and your wife have a really special anniversary. :mickey:

Bethis26fan
05-05-2008, 07:53 PM
Have a great trip.

fairies*n*fireflies
05-06-2008, 12:18 AM
Have a great trip and a wonderful Anniversary!

I look forward to reading your trip reports:mickey:

faline
05-07-2008, 12:05 PM
You'll be there in just a few more days! Have a wonderful time!