PDA

View Full Version : Have (gas) prices caused you to cut back on your Disney trips?

Grim Grinning Marathon Runner
05-01-2008, 01:40 PM
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but what the heck.

It seems that as gas prices go up, prices of so many other things follow. I'm wondering if folks are cutting back on their Disney trips because of it?

We sort of are, we won't be going until next year, no 2008 trip for us. :blowup:

Fortunately, I have places like Intercot, podcasts, and Disney music sites to get me Disney fix!

I'm also wondering if our friends from "across the pond" are taking advantage of the weaker dollar to be able to get more from your Disney vacation.

BelleLovesTheBeast
05-01-2008, 02:12 PM
It has!

We will be driving down in Oct but instead of staying at a mod we will be trying a value for the first time. So we can afford to go we are cutting back on spending money elsewhere. Only purchasing necessities and dinner out some place cheap twice a month. Otherwise it would be out of the question.

Gas prices here have gone up 30 cents in one week! One gas station around the corner went up 10 cents overnight. I can't imagine what they will be by the end of the year.

Gooftroop5
05-01-2008, 02:31 PM
We are going this year but hesitated a lot about going this year. The decision wasn't made by us (long story not the time or the place) that we were going but we are going. We are happy but very stressful on the budget. We are driving.

In order to pay our share we aren't going anywhere else this year. Staying close to home showing the kids the culture or lack of;) in our small town. There is a lot of history & lakes so we are going to do that instead. Get the kids in shape for the walking they are going to have to do in November. :mickey: