PDA

View Full Version : Unusual AP Questions

kakn7294
05-01-2008, 11:17 AM
We have a trip planned for August and DD's high school band will be going again in the spring, possibly March or April. I was thinking that to save ourselves a bit of money, I can get DD an AP if the school approves (teacher hasn't gotten back to me on that one yet). I already know I can't use a child's AP for the discounts, but then I get into this gray area. Since DD is 13, her AP will be an adult's ticket. My question is this - is her ticket (as an adult's ticket) valid for the discounts associated with an AP or is she not eligible for AP discounts because she's not yet 18? I doubt we can use the AP for a room discount (if available) because the reservation would need to be in her name but what about for dining or shopping? Does it matter who's card it is? Does paying cash or validating her Key to the World card for charging purposes make a difference - can I even add charging privledges to her Key card since she's not 18? I know these are strange questions, but if anyone knows the answers, it's you guys!

ibrowse17
05-01-2008, 12:40 PM
Not sure about the discount issue, but I can say that on most of the school trips I have been apart of you are lucky to get one day in the parks. The rest of time you are busy with your compition and what not. I would find out if it would really save you money before I would go any further. Also, I have used AAA much more for better discounts than my AP. Good luck:thumbsup:

kakn7294
05-01-2008, 04:15 PM
I do know that it's a 5 day trip and they are not involved in any competitions. They are to perform in MK although I'm not sure of the details of that. I thought I understood that the rest of the time is theirs in the parks but I could be wrong. I don't think their current band director has gone on the trip before as he is fairly new to the system so he really doesn't have any answers for me yet. I'm going to try to find a parent who's child has already gone to see what they say.