PDA

View Full Version : Poly vs GF

sydneymouse
05-01-2008, 11:00 AM
We are booking our early Dec. trip and are deciding b/t Poly & GF. We've stayed at the Poly the last 2 times and love it except for the food court. We've visited GF and it looked like the rooms were pretty far from the monorail. Which is better in your opinion?

RaRaRoundTheWorld
05-01-2008, 11:24 AM
We've stayed at both and personally prefer the GF. We wouldn't go back to stay (but would to eat or visit) the Poly.

At the Poly, we had an MK view room. The room was dark and the quality of the furnishings was not as nice as the GF. The beds were on a cheap plank of plywood, which my little kids constantly knocked against. The bathrooms were smaller, the hallways reminded us of a slightly-sleazy 70s hotel and the elevator barely fit our double stroller. We loved the pool. The pool atmosphere is a little "frat house" since there was more of a drunken party crowd while we were there. There were also a lot of visitors from other resorts trooping through, "observing" (and stopping for a drink). That was not so fun.

We loved the main house and had several meals at O'hanas. O'hanas was the perfect place to watch Wishes. They pipe in the music and narration. The food was copious and the entertainment fun. My kids loved it.

Overall, we would eat at the Poly again, but not stay there.

The GF is just our favorite spot at WDW.

SurferStitch
05-01-2008, 01:48 PM
We've stayed at both, and we also prefer the GF. We've stayed at the GF about 7 times now (returning in a few day), and stayed at the Poly once (this past December).

Our walk to the monorail at the Flo was no longer (in fact, maybe shorter) than our walk at the Poly. We stayed in Tokelau, and it was a nice walk to the GCH, but seemed longer than when we stay in Boca Chica at the Flo.

Poly was great, but we just love the Flo. :cloud9:

SBETigg
05-01-2008, 02:40 PM
We've had great stays at both and they are both favorites. The GF is the favorite for my husband and I, with the Poly a close second. The Poly is the favorite for my kids, with the GF a close second. It really depends on your personal taste. Both have great shops and restaurants, well-appointed rooms.

The GF vibe is more casual elegance, lovely but comfortable. If you like old-fashioned touches and a slightly more upscale feel, go GF. The GF has a hot tub and two great pools, plus the spa and workout areas. Laundry in every building. Gasparilla Grill is the counter service, very nice.

The Poly vibe is laid-back, lush, and exotic. If you want to feel a little like you're combining a tropical vacation with your WDW stay, try the Poly. The Poly has one great pool, and one okay pool. Laundry in a centralized location. Captain Cook's is the counter service- they have Dole Whips! Plus, they have the Kona Cafe coffee bar, a great place for your morning coffee.

You won't go wrong with either.