PDA

View Full Version : Disney Stamp shortage????

*goofy'sgirls*
05-01-2008, 10:34 AM
Hey everyone! Hoping u can help? I'm a total Disney freak (like everyone else, right)? But I'm also alittle OCD. So u could understand my need to have everything matching. Here we go with the dilemma. Every month I pay my bills on Disney checks and send them out in envelopes that include corresponding Disney address labels and of course a Disney stamp. So yesterday while filling out bills I noticed that I only have *gasp* 2 stamps left. So of course I went to 5 different post offices to no avail. Fianlly in the last post office someone explained that they don't have any because postage will be rising in a week and no new orders have been placed since they will need to change the amount on the stamp. Is this true? Will I have to wait all the way til August when the new stamps come out to have harmony on my bills again? Please help!!!!

Tick-Tock
05-01-2008, 05:20 PM
Yes, first-class postage is rising 1 cent in early May. You might try ordering the current Disney stamps from the USPS website and add 1-cent stamps for the difference.

*goofy'sgirls*
05-01-2008, 05:49 PM
Omg! Thanks never thought of that. But really even stamps are getting more expensive. Geez!

trublueeyore
05-01-2008, 05:51 PM
You can also make your own disney stamps on zazzle.com!:mickey:

*goofy'sgirls*
05-01-2008, 06:09 PM
No way!! U guys are the best! I'm checking it out ASAP. I love my Intercot fam.!

Tick-Tock
05-01-2008, 06:58 PM
Omg! Thanks never thought of that. But really even stamps are getting more expensive. Geez!

Well, the post office uses gas too. I read an article today that said that every 1-cent rise per gallon costs the USPS something like $8 million. The article also indicated we're probably going to see postage rates rise every May.

*goofy'sgirls*
05-01-2008, 07:10 PM
Well of course I know the economy has a hit on everyone. Just seems like everything is rising all at once. Hard to keep up.